PrettyTiny Film Company pic a week 2018 (The end!! Dec. 31))
She does look excited! Are you creating an entire custom seafaring outfit?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She does look excited, and I totally get why!
That's a gorgeous colour for her - I love the brocade swirls.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thanks all! I was pretty excited too... then last night I tried to make a shirt to go under it... and was back to "I can't sew". I mean, compared to this, a tank top should have been a no-brainer. Instead, I am on my 3rd try. What the...??? Irritated

(06-01-2018, 11:34 AM)davidd Wrote: She does look excited! Are you creating an entire custom seafaring outfit?
Prescient, aren't you? Tongue

(06-05-2018, 06:35 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: That's a gorgeous colour for her - I love the brocade swirls.
Me too! The whole pattern, in people-size, is pretty awesome. I was thrilled to find this fabric online, which matches something of mine. ... to be continued, I hope.

New girl is building up quite a photo portfolio. She couldn't not have a sword, so after a lot of hunting on eBay and a lot of "I'm not paying that much" and many of them were too big, I finally found these, which are pretty cool, if a little tarnished-looking in the grooves. (The blood of our enemies...? XD )
Now she's ready to weigh anchor.

[Image: 41723466485_d86579f572_z.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The blood of her enemies tarnishing her sword is a nice touch!

How many crew members will you need to outfit to satisfy the demands of the Crimson Captain?
Now that's one dangerous babe!
Awesome accessory addition!
She absolutely needs a sword! Very pleased you found a suitable (pre-used smile going by the blood in the grooves) one for her.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thanks, everyone grin

(06-07-2018, 05:45 AM)davidd Wrote: How many crew members will you need to outfit to satisfy the demands of the Crimson Captain?
Hehe... well, I already have my two little star sailors, two mermaids, Marilyn the Sea Police girl, a squid girl (??), and a Polynesian princess who'd have to know something about seafaring... Oh, and Sunsette's sometime movie sidekick, Albert the finger-puppet pirate, so as far as ship's officers are concerned, I think we're good to go XD

(06-13-2018, 08:10 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She absolutely needs a sword! Very pleased you found a suitable (pre-used smile going by the blood in the grooves) one for her.
Ha. Maybe I let her out to test it...? Tongue

This is "Legends of Oz" Dorothy. (I don't even know this movie?) She came from a friend, who I thought was maybe getting a bit interested in dolls; I had hoped to enable a bit XD but then one day Dorothy showed up in my mailbox, as the friend sent her to me. I think she found her in a thrift store. She's not very poseable, but she's cute. Apparently she came originally with a plastic Toto, and with braids. I should probably fix her hair then; it's a bit frizzy. So anyway, she became part of the crew. I should take some more pix of her.

[Image: 42110456894_35da0ab752_b.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Eeeee, that lion is cuuute!
(06-16-2018, 03:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote: This is "Legends of Oz" Dorothy. (I don't even know this movie?)....

Now she gets to be a Joy Adamson doll from Born Free.

No, wait, even better; she actually looks like Paula Tracey from Daktari, with her pal Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion!
(06-16-2018, 06:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Eeeee, that lion is cuuute!
Isn't he! He's so SOFT. He's from my friends' store. None on the website but they might have a couple left, and they do ship... wink
https://portocalleastport.com/index.php/about-us/

(06-17-2018, 03:17 AM)davidd Wrote: Now she gets to be a Joy Adamson doll from Born Free.
No, wait, even better; she actually looks like Paula Tracey from Daktari, with her pal Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion!
Heh. Both good choices. I think I've heard of Clarence... maybe...

Woohoo, going to get a photo in this week after all. Cop-out snapshot time but whatever.
I bought this almost a whole year ago with this year's PUDDLE in mind. Debating whether to cram it in my suitcase.

[Image: 42819515112_42a89e2f79_z.jpg]
What an awesome ship!
A fine vessel, indeed, and in suitable scale, playscale-wise; any shortcomings may be overlooked because... cannon! And a plank for a briny stroll! And quite jolly Jolly Rogers there on the pennants and sails!

"Cop-out snapshot time!" Heh! Yeah, I hear ya! Although even your "cop-out" photo exhibits at least an attempt at creativity and effort.
That's a fantastic ship for the crew. Love the flags and the tiny cannon, and they have a plank to walk! So cute