Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: DeadlyNova's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
You're allowed to be late smile Vittoria is interesting, and she is pretty despite her condition. A fabric softener soak might help her hair, at least. I am glad she got out of the shed and ended up with you.
Chuckiiiiieeeeeeeeeee <3 Rugrats was my favourite of my kids' favourite shows. We all used to sit & watch it as a family every day. That was unheard of in this house lol. Chuckie was always my favourite too & I have his Pop. I would like Phil & Lil, I think they were my other favourites.

Vittoria is a lovely sculpt & she has a lot of personality. I don't care, when buying a vintage doll, which is in the "best" condition. I grab the one who stands out, for whatever reason smile
Thank you guys!

I did give Vittoria's hair a fabric softener soak when I first got her, and while it did make her hair more managable, as you can see it's still frizzy. Oh well. sad At least it retains its original style!

Miss Edith, I want Phil and Lil Pops too, but they haven't made them yet! They're also my second favorites!

Day 26:
[Image: 26042658818_0ff092f6d4_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 26 by Haley, on Flickr

Today is my Precious Moments Alice doll! I got her at Disney World(or Downtown Disney/Disney Springs, rather). There was a woman with an entire section of Precious Moments Disney dolls, and I kept coming back to it even though I was trying to tell myself no. I've always been a sucker for Precious Moments, and I'm also a huge Dis-nerd, so.....

It took me a while to decide who to get, and while Alice in Wonderland is nowhere near being a favorite of mine(I do like it, but...you can probably tell from my multiple rants on how many Alice dolls Groove does that I think it's a bit overrated) I thought she was by far the cutest.

I'd totally collect these if I had the space and the money for them. Maybe one day.
she is so cute!!!! <3 Alice is one of my favourites, in everything, although I don't own ONE Groove Alice doll with her stock. (I have sepia, optical, lunatic dal but all n&b or customised.) I know Precious Moments art from when I was a kid :O but I have never seen the dolls before.

*sigh, this ADAD thing is going to cost us all I think Tongue (maybe only me cuz I'm weak LOL oh & davidd cuz he loves Barbie George Tongue )
Cute figure. Her simplified yet sufficiently detailed costume exhibits a discerning and elegant approach to "cartoonified" design; by "cartoonified," I mean a visual shorthand that effectively identifies the character. The Disney Alice in Wonderland character, based closely on the original John Tenniel illustrations, is iconic and instantly identifiable even to many who have not seen the film. The costume of this doll, although further abstracted and simplified from that of the animated character, includes the key elements necessary to identify the figure as "Alice in Wonderland," even though her facial features are more "Precious Moments" than they are "Alice in Wonderland."

Come to think of it, it's interesting how they were able to design a face that is obviously "Precious Moments," yet, when paired with the costume, is also obviously Alice.

Hmmm... the more I look at this photo, the more interesting the figure becomes from a design theory perspective.

I'm obviously over-thinking the whole thing at this point, but for those of you who may have as much time to waste as I have, here's a pretty in-depth article about Disney's creation of the 1951 film:
http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/resou...oon-movie/

I found the brief paragraph about the character design interesting. The studio found Tenniel's famous illustrations too complex for animation purposes, so "... the animators used the original drawings as a starting point, but gave them a Disney make-over."

The Precious Moments studio, in turn, used the Disney character as a starting point, but gave her a Precious Moments makeover.

Nice photo, by the way. Her quizzical expression conveys the sensibility of the original Alice character; while wandering in what could be a very spooky forest, she appears more curious (curiouser and curiouser) than frightened, more intrigued than worried.
Aww. I thought Precious Moments were cute but I didn't know they had made dolls too. She's cute, and there are more cute ones on eBay... smile
I love that picture of Adrien; I want to hug him! Chuckie was my favorite too, in large part because of the storyline dealing with his lefthandedness. He was the first fictional lefty I encountered and it made me so happy that he was like me!
Your Furga doll is nice, I think I had one of those and sold her. I still have my Furga Alta Modo S girl Simona, but she didn't weather the years so well.

I could tell that was a Precious Moments doll before I read the description. They definitely did capture the look in the doll.
Thank you all so much! <3

Day 27:
[Image: 39041981965_7bd7db395d_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 27 by Haley, on Flickr

This is a very lazy one for me, snapped last minute before bed. I was busy all day today, first photographing real people then going to work, so dollie photos had to be put on hold....so here we go!

A Monster High mini figure thingy on top of my fruit drops tin from Grave of the Fireflies. woo woo
(01-28-2018, 10:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Aww. I thought Precious Moments were cute but I didn't know they had made dolls too. She's cute, and there are more cute ones on eBay... smile

haha .. you noticed that too huh Whacked upside down

but DN, it's the cutie pie Venus, I have never seen that one <3 I don't own any, I am too scared to buy one of anything new LOL I love her colouring smile
Monster High to the last minute photo project rescue! Cute li'l Venus minifig!
Hahaha, she looks like she has eaten quite a few! LOL
What a little green cutie!
Mini Venus looks like she's really enjoyed the gumdrops smile
Thank you guys! The regular sized Venus was one of the few later MH dolls I actually wanted but never got, I did end up buying her for my niece a few years ago though, LOL.

Posting yesterday's photo late, but it's okay, because I did take it on time! So ha!
Day 28:
[Image: 25104821097_49060ef92f_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 28 by Haley, on Flickr
Here's my Serpent, Jett! It rained all day yesterday, so taking outdoor photos was really a no-go, but I did it anyway. xD Jett didn't seem to mind!

Day 29:
[Image: 39077191285_dd63de981b_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 29 by Haley, on Flickr
My Migidoll Jina, Charlie! I had a huge shoot with him at a park today, but this photo was my favorite so it's going to be day 29's photo!

You can see the rest of the shoot here:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7261525
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17