Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many thanks, everyone!

Day 294

Autumn, especially the end of October and the beginning of November, is a busy time for Schwarzgrabs. Picking the best date for resurrection is just as important (if not more) as it is for, say, a wedding. You must get resurrected within a year of your death (otherwise you'll become a ghost, because the fairy magic used to preserve the bodies lasts exactly one year), but other than that, you can pick whatever date you want. A lot of people want to be resurrected right away, because they don't want to miss various events and stuff, but it is quite common to wait a bit and come back to life on a day that has some kind of meaning or symbolism.

Many people pick October or November, because it's easiest to cross sides in mid-to-late autumn, and in the past, most successful natural resurrections happened around this time. Nowadays it's not really important, because Schwarzgrabs' services are impeccable and the risk of things going wrong is practically nonexistent, but it became a tradition. 

[Image: 4b74d06c9bd3f62ab1a8b077d5a847e1.jpg]

Non-filtered version:

[Image: 297a6697c11f4355223b2b348e4760d9.jpg]
'Tis the Season when the veil between worlds grows thin. The Schwarzgrab team looks ready and capable to face another busy (and no doubt highly profitable) season!
Well, they certainly look like the type of consumate professional I would want resurrecting my loved ones, or contacting the other side.
So are there mass resurrections at Halloween?
That makes perfect sense that this time of year is the right one for resurrections.

They look ready for business there, very stylish.
(10-22-2019, 01:09 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]'Tis the Season when the veil between worlds grows thin. The Schwarzgrab team looks ready and capable to face another busy (and no doubt highly profitable) season!

It really helps that Orpheus himself is a revenant, he can pull more all-nighters than most normal people. I don't know how does Salome have so much energy, but she really loves this job, so I guess it's dopamine.

(10-22-2019, 01:21 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, they certainly look like the type of consumate professional I would want resurrecting my loved ones, or contacting the other side.

There's really no better option for resurrection than Schwarzgrabs. I mean, it happens spontaneously more often than not, but the results aren't guaranteed, people lose limbs or become zombies and fall apart, so you really want a pro to take care of it so that you can continue on your life journey without any hiccups (other than death).

(10-22-2019, 03:23 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]So are there mass resurrections at Halloween?

Oddwickshire doesn't observe Halloween, because, given what the population is like, it would look pretty much like any other day, but there is a major holiday in October (that's actually something I started working on recently, so there will be more Oddwickshire lore to share some time later). Resurrections, however, do not happen on that day because of celebrations. A lot of dearly departed want to be resurrected the day before, so that they can join in the fun.

(10-22-2019, 06:25 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]That makes perfect sense that this time of year is the right one for resurrections.

They look ready for business there, very stylish.

Most cultures have their death- and ancestors-related holidays in fall, so I decided to keep it that way for Oddwickshire, since it's mostly based on Europe. Japan, and I *think* that other Asian countries, too, have their fun-with-death-time in summer.

Day 295

We had a wonderfully foggy morning. The white part of the photo is a bit overex³posed, but mostly it's white because of fog.

[Image: be88ae7da686db11beb1cc1e7b854779.jpg]

[Image: 61e557c4b21933a4ff22b5f2a64e052a.jpg]

[Image: c1d80be3621763e766c5ad061a7da171.jpg]

In case anyone's wondering, it's Ghouls' Getaway Elissabat redressed in Sweet 1600 Lala's spare dress.
Elissabat looks... a little gloomy. Like she's just recieved some sad news. The shot is wonderful
Elissabat is such a cutie! The foggy weather suits her, although she appears a bit under-dressed for chillier weather.

I am excited to learn that more Oddwickshire lore is in under development!
Very dramatic duo!
and it would be ... different ... to be somewhere where fog is a novelty LOL Very nice foggy photo; the colours and ex-posure in the original are great.
I love the way you’ve given her a reflective expression.
The foggy scene really offsets her dark beauty.

And more lore for Oddwickshire! How exciting!
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 296

We have migraine.

[Image: d034cfcf11e9c614a05bd46bada413ce.jpg]

Filtered migraine...

[Image: 700e0f14d83a56530f8108a6cd66e8b7.jpg]
Aww... your little friends look so forlorn. I think they are worried about you, and hoping you recover soon and have a long stretch of migraine-free weeks in which to play with them!

Nice complete view of the cemetery and tree.
Aw, they do look so forlorn. And Ravi looks like such the caring type
Sleepy time in the cemetery.