Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-29-2019, 04:51 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I posted... it disappeared... I must've just hit preview twice.
Anyway, again... Iselle is lovely and I think the name suits her perfectly.  Iaso does indeed look like she might be a little ghost.

(01-27-2019, 09:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]... you never see the brouhaha that precedes each of my posts. I need to consult dictionary about thousand times per post, check the grammar several times, look up English equivalents of Czech idioms...
Haha, sounds like me writing a letter in French.  After I learned to type faster in French (and it really is different; the letter patterns are different) I just let the spell checker fix all the accents and grammatical booboos. I still look up a lot of words though. Your efforts are certainly well worthwhile.
Is there a Czech equivalent of 'brouhaha'?? smile

Thank you! There are many 'normal' words that describe that kind of situation, but nothing as cute as 'brouhaha' (or kerfuffle, hurly-burly of hullabaloo) comes to mind. I'll have to do some research on less common jargon...

Day 28

Third doll with 8 photos is signature Lala.

[Image: 5872bd5cc0c221f4f73652e2e54bdb58.jpg]
Ah, the lovely Signature (or First Wave) Draculaura, or Ulla D, or Lala! She was going to be one of the two and only two Monster High figures I originally intended to purchase back when they were first released.
Those adorable little painted fangs are just toooo cuuuuute! Nearly nine years after the debut of the Monster High line, I still feel a little thrill when I see an excellent photo (like this one) of any of the original core characters.
Such a pretty vamp! I do that hit preview twice thing, too. Always seems like I do it after I type a lot, too.
Lala has her real vamp on in this one.
(01-29-2019, 12:03 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, the lovely Signature (or First Wave) Draculaura, or Ulla D, or Lala! She was going to be one of the two and only two Monster High figures I originally intended to purchase back when they were first released.
Those adorable little painted fangs are just toooo cuuuuute! Nearly nine years after the debut of the Monster High line, I still feel a little thrill when I see an excellent photo (like this one) of any of the original core characters.

Ooh, who was going to be the other “only one or two” then?

Lala is the cutest perky pink goth girl xp
Thank you very much, guys!

(01-29-2019, 07:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2019, 12:03 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, the lovely Signature (or First Wave) Draculaura, or Ulla D, or Lala! She was going to be one of the two and only two Monster High figures I originally intended to purchase back when they were first released.

Ooh, who was going to be the other “only one or two” then?

My bet would be on Frankie.
Day 29

Next up - 7 dolls with 7 photos. Starting with Grimalda Butterworth, Griselda's dizygotic twin.

[Image: 71ef9360beff80ae1b32325c7d8bd22e.jpg]
Signature Draculala just stands out to me now for being quite lovely, which is ironic as at the time I didn't like her as much. Oh well, how we change.

Grimalda Butterworth - first off, fun name. Secondly there's a sense of elegance in the picture, like they're very aware of that fact they're trying to make a good impression, and the ex.pression in the eyes almost looks nervous to add to it. A really great picture
The "striped stockings" trend continues! LOL That look really seems to be a "thing" here on the forum.
(01-30-2019, 04:08 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Signature Draculala just stands out to me now for being quite lovely, which is ironic as at the time I didn't like her as much. Oh well, how we change.

Grimalda Butterworth - first off, fun name. Secondly there's a sense of elegance in the picture, like they're very aware of that fact they're trying to make a good impression, and the ex.pression in the eyes almost looks nervous to add to it. A really great picture

Thank you!

(01-30-2019, 04:58 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The "striped stockings" trend continues! LOL That look really seems to be a "thing" here on the forum.

Well, I've already posted several dolls that have at least something striped on them, but since I took close-ups, it didn't really show. So far it has been Beatrix, Salome, Griselda, Crow, Florianne (although, hers are off-white and dark brown), and Frankie has stripes in her hair and FdC Rochelle, Iaso and Eteri, while not having striped stockings, have stripes on their clothes. Also, none of those dolls are new, so I wouldn't call it latest trend in my case. But I do love B&W stripes on anything, so I tend to buy dolls with that pattern, and it's bound to appear on my photos... Crow will be my model tomorrow, so more stripes are coming! wink
(01-30-2019, 07:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]... so I wouldn't call it latest trend in my case. But I do love B&W stripes on anything....

I've just been noticing lately, not just in your photos, but in others, that the striped stockings have been turning up a lot over the past few days. Or perhaps I've simply become more aware of it, after a conversation in another topic about whether Wednesday Addams wears striped or solid-color stockings.
I like Lala's pink & black colour scheme.
Grimalda could be practicing her tightrope-walking balance skills...?
I had to look up dizygotic, not often a word makes me do that.
(01-30-2019, 04:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I had to look up dizygotic, not often a word makes me do that.

And then you ask me if I knew it, and I did!! I felt rather smug that I knew a word you didn’t.

Grimalda looks like she’s concentrating on her tightrope walking there
All of the Pullip Steampunk World dolls have striped stockings, with the exception of the Taeyang Dodo, he’s wearing chaps, but does have a stripy shirt.