Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She’s very cool. Don’t know why the line didn’t work.
davidd - Yay for Novis! And it wasn't just Mae who met the 5 photo 'requirement'!

werepuppy - thank you! I think the filter makes her look properly alien!

Elfy - Novi Stars had super cute designs, but that's it. They are made of cheap, low quality materials, their articulation is meh at best, and they have (often not all that interesting) gimmicks that pushed their prices up, so they were as ekssspensive as MH or EAH, while their quality didn't really match the prices. The gimmicks weren't really worth it.

Day 40

5-shot babes!

[Image: 1079af43356e10e8aeb5814f6ee79da1.jpg]

And that concludes the Stars of Season 1 series! I wonder how many dolls will get five or more photos this year (guess what, Her Insane Majesty and sig Frankie already have five pics each...)!
There seems to be colours in common for the five shot girls!
The Novi Star is an outlier among the "5-Shot" crew. The only non-Mattel in the group, and the only one from outside the MH-EAH dolliverse.

(A valid argument can be made that Novi Stars were inspired by the success of Monster High, so I suppose there is a tenuous connection of sorts.)

All that beautifully brushed hair! Oh, to have such patience and skill!
Mae certainly fits the “one of these is not like the others”, as davidd said.

Definitely a colour-scheme going on with the 5-day dollies xp

Clawdeen looks very fierce, love her dress & whole look in general
I love the way Novi is floating all alieny above and behind the other girls.
Thanks everybody!

I seem to have decided to jump on the latest fad in my country - I cought a very annoying flu. So if my posts lack imagination, or sense for that matter, it's because I'm too busy being ill.

Day 41

I had something completely different in mind, but I'm too weak to take another group shot, so it's just a simple photo of single doll. This beauty didn't make an appearance last year, mostly because her wig is a very unstable thing. She's second wave Tristen from MGA's discontinued line Moxie Teenz. She's 14" tall, so nothing ever fits her. She's wearing a dress my mom made for my Barbies when I was about four years old. She has inset acrylic eyes, real eyelashes and interchangeable wigs that never stay on.

[Image: 91f95fff3a075574923e7361c2c44db0.jpg]
Ooh, she's pretty and I like her outfit!

Hope you feel better.
I was going to say that I don't recall seeing this figure among your photos last year. I would have remembered her. She's ex-ceptionally pretty! That wig suits her so well, I would be tempted to secure it with tape, or velcro, or hot melt glue!
LOL

I hope you recover quickly. Some "fads" are better avoided... like the Tide Pod Challenge, the Ice Bucket Challenge, and catching the flu!

I am impressed that you soldier on through illness, and have come up with such a pretty photo despite feeling under the weather.
Tristen is very lovely, and the dress gives her a very demure feeling.

I hope you feel better quickly; flus are never fun
Yuck - flu is never fun. I’m reminded of how the children of my workplace colleagues are ever so “generous” with their various germs and will happily share them with everyone.

Tristan looks lovely, the dress is very pretty. I sympathise with the wig falling off - our Zoey wears a beanie hat most of the time as her wig slips unless she’s positioned just right and then you hold your breath while taking the photo xp
You're right; that Ghoulia's face up is really nice!

Tristan's a very pretty girl! It's always frustrating when you've got that one doll that's a weird size and doesn't fit anything, though. They always seem to end up with a super sparse wardrobe or super spoiled with nobody to have to share outfits with!
Thank you for your kind comments and get-well wishes, everyone!

Day 42

I'm a bit better today, so I took the photo I was planning to do yesterday.

Black & white stripes - horiznotal edition:

[Image: c39c94a5454fe4a928ec7bfc950a9ce8.jpg]

Original photo in color:

[Image: 472062ed8a2dc174ffa6a5d9b2a5f629.jpg]

The biggest challenge was to fit Salome's mane into the photo while keeping the other dolls still somewhat visible...
So many stripes! I like the b&w version of the photo; it adds a layer to the theme, but the coloured version is fun as well to see where the stripes pop up!
Oh wow, the first version is very eerie-cool!