Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Butterworth twins look both alluring and intimidating at the same time.
werepuppy - thanks! Grimalda really is the shy one, while Griselda is quite confident. She's the older twin (by a few minutes).

davidd - thank you! But really, it's just a tent, good lights and a matte black background, no special skills. wink

Alliecat - thank you! I feel you, I need a sunroom, too (among many other rooms, but I digress)!

Elfy - hehe, right?

Day 56

Zombie Belle. She and Punzie are my favorite OUAZ dolls.

[Image: 71f645d99eee21f48d46f7adffb9052f.jpg]

Filter frenzy!

[Image: 8a45e06fcf7a1dd0bb13d18f8e80c224.jpg]

[Image: 0a2f9227d36d8a0eac45da82f53b0aac.jpg]

[Image: c00f687c31c7e84f261aa11989827929.jpg]
Such a vibrantly colored, ekspressive dolly! Do these figures have glass (or plastic) inset eyes?
(02-26-2019, 03:11 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Such a vibrantly colored, ekspressive dolly! Do these figures have glass (or plastic) inset eyes?

They do! Acrylic eyes, really scary ones, because the eyelashes are rooted into the eyeball just above the iris...
(02-26-2019, 03:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Acrylic eyes, really scary ones, because the eyelashes are rooted into the eyeball just above the iris...

That does sound creepy! At least, creepy when you're looking at the disembodied eyeball. But once inset into the doll, they look quite nice.
Oh she photographs so wonderfully! I did want to pick up one of those dolls, but no where near me got them in and I had heard that QC was an issue when ordering offline... Maybe I'll end up nosying on eBay at some point Tongue

Seriously, you make her look so lovely.
She photographs spectacularly! I once bought someone a Once Upon a Zombie doll for a doll swap once, but never really saw them otherwise.
Think the middle filter, the one that slightly mutes the brightness works best. It gives her a rather autumnal aspect.
Thanks, everyone!!!

Day 57

It's Tell A Fairy Tale Day!

I hate this photo. I tried to re-take it about million times, but no matter what I do, their faces are always blurry and red. The photo that looks fine on phone doesn't work on monitor. I'm too tired and frustrated to continue, so for today it's a blurry and way too red photo and Ashlynn is Miss Piggy from now on. Screw it!!!!

[Image: 44983a6e5d997fa331bff5a6edfd5a63.jpg]

Anyhoo, girls are enjoying my fairy tale books. You can notice the word "pohádky" on a lot of them. That means "fairy tales" in Czech. Singular is "pohádka". The Neil Gaiman ones are his retelling of Hansel and Gretel, and The Sleeper and the Spindle, which is his version of The Sleeping Beauty with a twist. The "Zlatovláska" on the top is a real treasure of mine, it's from 60s and it has beautiful illustrations by Artuš Scheiner, Czech illustrator who lived in late 19th / early 20th century and was originally a financial clerk, as an artist, he was completely self-taught.

Edit: Tried once more. Nope, this isn't going to work.
Ooh, that's some fascinating information about the Zlatovláska book!

Also the photo looks fine! There's no blur, and their faces are the colour tones I expect with the dolls. I like how they're all positioned around the books.
Nice fairy tale book collection. I'd be proud of owning that top one too. It has a lot of history to it.
Ooh, dolls and books, what a great combination!

I think it looks lovely. And if your photos are blurry, mine must be complete fuzz!
It's nice to have special collectible classic books!
I tend to like warmer reddish light in photos anyway, especially with certain dolls (like the redheads). One thing I dislike about the auto-levels fixer is it green-ifies things. Probably not noticeable if you hadn't seen the original though; but I have. Everyone's monitors are different, so nobody's going to see exactly the colour combination you do.
Belle is very sprightly and colourful for a zombie smile
Zombie Bell is rather pretty for a zombie. The EAH girls on the stack of books doesn't look overly red to me. I rather like the photo.
Dolls and books, it doesn’t get better than that.