Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow! I never realised the size difference between the Azone and the MH dolls.
(08-10-2019, 12:58 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]You know what's quite surprising to me now I look at it in the picture? The XS body seems to be only slightly thicker in the arms than a MH is...

Also, I do not have a comparison pic of an Azone and a MH, so you have won this one! I wonder what Ravi's place in your dollverse will be. Do you have a reporter already?

Oh, that might be just the light, they're a bit thicker in reality.

Oddwickshire is Pullip-only, and I definitely need more Azones, so they'll be getting their own backstory at some point, but not now. If I started with only two dolls, there wouldn't be enough boundaries for the backstory, and it would ex²plode. I don't know if I mentioned it, but when I started working on first version of Oddwickshire (about the same time I got my first Pullips), it went so crazy, I had frickin' 80 Pullips on my wishlist and there were still more characters to shell, so I chucked it all and started again when I had better idea of what my collection is going to look like. There are no reporters in Oddwickshire at the moment (well, there are newspapers and reporters, but none of them are named charatcers), if I decide to add one, it will be a Pullip&Co doll.

I don't know if Ravi will be a reporter, I'll see when the time comes. I also don't know if 1/6 and 1/12 will be in the same story or in separate ones.

(08-10-2019, 02:50 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]But now I want to know what the Azone costume would look like on a Monster High figure.

Looks like it would be a major pain to undress and redress, though.

Anything for you! Plus, it's a great excuse to post more Ravi comparisons wink

(08-10-2019, 12:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! I never realised the size difference between the Azone and the MH dolls.

This is only the smallest Pure Neemo body, but yeah, overall, they're smaller than MH (their smaller heads also add to the impression), but at the same time, they're heavier, because they're not hollow. They really have a nice, substantial feel to them, and I love holding them. Also, the plastic they're made of is great.

Day 222

Fashion show time!

I tried how Pure Neemo, MH and EAH girls wear each other's dresses!

Pure Neemo x MH:

[Image: 26829b7279bddf556b15746c7681932c.jpg]

Azone clothes don't really work on MH. They're short and loose, there's a cca 1cm (0.4") gap between the shirt and the skirt on Robecca, covered by the loose-on-top-but-tight-at-the-bottom corset. MH clothes on Pure Neemo work a bit better, although the XS one is much broader than MH, so the velcro in the back can't be fastened all the way up. I also had to force the crinolette-exoskeleton to close, I wouldn't leave it on for a longer period of time, it could crack. Both big and little sister bodies are even worse fit, so I didn't even take photos.

Conclusion: Pure Neemo Flection XS body can wear loose or stretchy MH clothes, some Azone clothing (like loose skirts) can occasionally work for MH, but mostly it isn't good fit. Hips and legs are very different, I think pants wouldn't work at all.

Pure Neemo x EAH:

[Image: 42cc34195a2c465a6946d65da9f1a5af.jpg]

Much better! Azone clothes are still a bit short on EAH, but this time, the shirt could be tucked into the skirt and the corset fits really well. EAH dress was a teeny tiny bit tight around the waist on Pure Neemo, but I could fasten it without issues.

Conclusion: Pure Neemos and EAHs can share! The pants are probably still a big no, but tops and dresses seem to be OK.

Pure Neemo Flection XS dolls are very young girls, so they have broader waists and flatter (but still broader) chests than both MH and EAH. I don't know how would other Pure Neemo bodies compare. When I get my grabby claws on some, I'll let you know!
Ooh, that's actually really cool to see the clothing comparison. Cedar looks adorable in Ravi's outfit, and vice versa. If I manage to get myself sitting long enough, I will see if I can try some other clothing around.
Wow! You actually tried this! What a fun comparison!

The Azone skirt looks pretty good on Robecca, but the top, yeah, the different body lengths seem to create a problem.

I am very impressed... and amused... that you were able to fit the MH outfit on to the Azone dolly. It actually kinda-sorta works. She looks like a cosplayer portraying a steampunk lolita type character.

As werepuppy says, the Azone outfit on EAH Cedar looks adorable! And Cedar's outfit on the Azone looks very "fairytale-ish." Ravi looks all ready to go munch on some wicked witch's gingerbread house!

Thank you for taking the time to put together this entertaining little costume-swapping demonstration!

(I hope you can get everybody put back together properly again! Although if Cedar gets to keep Ravi's outfit, I doubt that she will complain!)
Interesting that MH clothes seem to work much better on Azones than the other way around.
The Azone outfit suits Cedar much more than it does Robecca. And Ravi looks cute in both of the other outfits.

I find the comparison in size / outfits always interesting.
Aside from the shirt looking a bit big and of course the corset, I kinda liked the Azone outfit on the MH girl. But you are right, the 2nd photo is a much better match all around.
Thanks guys! It was fun, although a bit labor-intensive fun. And I'll never get used to having to tear doll's hands off to redress her, despite having MH for 9 years. I checked measurements of the other Pure Neemo bodies, and they all have the same waist as this one, but their chests and hips (but mostly their chests) are getting bigger with each size, so MH and EAH clothes won't fit.

Day 223

We had a family lunch again, so I took advantage of mom's balcony garden. The weather was so sunny I couldn't see a thing, so the focus and ex²position are a bit off, but not catastrophic.

[Image: cb216d7ca8b7893f2323755592c80233.jpg]

[Image: a462c3cc826c67b634adee862dcc294a.jpg]

Here are the filterless ones:

[Image: 6d1fd4b9b9ddc7d99d5895e99995dc94.jpg]

[Image: c9b1b460e2206f8713f8ba4999428446.jpg]
Ahhhh... outside in the fresh air & sunshine surrounded by growing things… Lovely!
I like how her hair complements the flowers!
Oh, she looks so comfortable in her surroundings.
That is an impressively lush balcony garden!
Nice the way you composed the image to bring in the little pink flowers that match Rochelle's hair and stockings.
That looks gorgeous, nice to see one of your girls out and about.
The outlook is lovely, and Rochelle looks almost happy to be in a garden that matches her colours LOL
Thanks, everyone!!!

Day 224

My head is trying to blast off into the space, so I didn't notice there's no light on his face, but here's more Will:

[Image: a7d7447a2c764b5487ea1cb45ebbfaf9.jpg]

And I just had to try a few filters...

[Image: 5d043077026588fe56a564ecb7b1952c.jpg]

[Image: 77db10fc57485beae0c37a32aed923b9.jpg]