Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-08-2019, 02:27 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]They are made of a plasticy-soft-vinyl (faux-leather), and Rei's was flaking when I took it off her (little white flakes all over the place afterwards!), so I'd say it wouldn't really hold up to "play" but might be okay to stay on display.
It's similar to the issues Kanrabat (I think!) was having with the brown jacket on his Withered.

So... it sounds like at this point in time, the decade-old plug suits might have a "battle damaged" look to them.
Evie had the neural interface thingies as well at first, she kept those for a bit after we took off her plug suit.
This is very true; I'm suddenly needing dolls/figures I had previously not considered... I've been sitting looking at the Pinkys and am trying to work out which would be my ideal first, lol.

I'm not surprised the plug suits of the EVA Pullips haven't lasted too well; that material tends to not do too well unless kept under the right conditions which sadly most natural weather conditions don't really allow for. (That being said, I won a Medicom Revenge of the Sith Anakin Skywalker not so long ago and for a decade figure, his leather tunic is still holding up... Really well, actually.)
Simple but great photo, light is awesome (as per usual)!
(02-08-2019, 06:12 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]I've been sitting looking at the Pinkys and am trying to work out which would be my ideal first.

Tenjho Tenge Round 3 Isuzu Emi:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenjou-Tenge-Pi...3365340952?

[Image: february8.jpg]
8 February: "When I was your age, I had to walk five miles to school every day, uphill, in the snow!"

Rei Ayanami Pinky Street Figure, School Uniform version, PC2012, released in 2009
... Well she's very to my tastes.

And the picture of Rei makes me want to quote a Monty Python sketch. Seriously though, the lighting in the snow is amazing and her paint really stands out strongly.
I love the colors on this one!
Uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes. Luxury!
[Image: february9.jpg]
9 February: Pinky Street PC2012 Rei Ayanami "Neon Genesis Evangelion" Figure, alternate school uniform with doll and toast
Ooh, I like the display you have her on. It's very rustic. I also like the plushie of ... I think it's Shinji she's carrying? (It's been years since I watched Eva ><) The almost muted colouring here helps give a bit of a sleepy feel, like she's not properly awake yet and does she really have to go to school?
It looks a bit like Winchester Mystery House...
(02-10-2019, 05:37 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]It looks a bit like Winchester Mystery House...

Stairways to nowhere! Good call! LOL
Ooh! Photo prompt for me for this week!

I wonder if I could reproduce this pic with the Pullip version (but in original school outfit)

She really does look like this whole going to school thing in winter is more trouble than it’s worth LOL
I like the one on the staircase and her having the little doll is a great touch.
[Image: february10.jpg]
10 February: Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki (Original Version)

Striped stockings! Yay!

(I want... no, I neeeeeed... an outfit like this for my Smart Dolls. Does anybody know where to get striped thigh-high stockings that will fit Smart Doll? And little black loafer-type shoes?)