Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh my... I think there's a scary movie in the works... those Emilys look intent on something...
I hope your cowgirl doesn't intend to do too much range-riding in that outfit... LOL
The Emily’s are multiplying.
(07-21-2019, 03:13 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]That's one dangerous looking bombshell! Is she fixed in one pose, or is she one of those seamless figures with hidden joints?

(07-21-2019, 07:00 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, she's an interesting looking one. I'm guessing she's a seamless figure... Maybe 1/6 scale?

The western girl figure is a 1:6 scale TBLeague (formerly called Phicen) seamless posable figure, about 12 inches / 30 cm tall. The purchase was partly inspired by werepuppy's recent Wonder Woman acquisition.

[Image: july21.jpg]
21 July – Pinky Street PK011 "Rui" Figure

(Rui is wearing trousers from the Pinky Street Air Gear 02 "Agito" figure.)

PK011 Rui was one of the most "boy-like" of the original Pinky Street releases. Even though Vance Project promotional material referred to Rui as a girl, many Pinky Street fans used this figure to represent a boy, as boys were under-represented (as in, there weren't any) in the line for several years.
She (or he) is very cute! (The pose kind of looks like, "What do you mean people think I'm a boy?!")
I have to admit that Rui does look like a boy to me, mostly because girls in my neck of the woods don't usually wear polo shirts.
I can see why Rui could be a boy.
Nice choice of background for this one, which kind of matches his/her colours.
Was there some sort of story canon as to why there weren't any official boy Pinkys?
It will be interesting to hear how you like the Phicen figure's skin and articulation, since that previous little seamless one didn't work out too well, if I recall...?
I immediately took her for a boy. Her hair reminds me of Eleven in Stranger Things 2, even though Eleven’s isn’t red. Similar style.
I can certainly see why she would be classed as a boy, especially if there weren’t any actuall boys produced at the time.

Love the outfit.
Rui does seem boy like, and the name makes me think of a male character from an anime. It's a great shot and the background is lovely
(07-22-2019, 02:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Was there some sort of story canon as to why there weren't any official boy Pinkys?
It will be interesting to hear how you like the Phicen figure's skin and articulation, since that previous little seamless one didn't work out too well, if I recall...?

I never heard or read anything about why Pinky:st figures were all girls, until some special collaboration issues later in the run. They were based on "Tokyo Street Fashion" from the early 2000s.

The larger-scale Phicen/TBLeague seamless figure seems considerably more robust than the smaller 1:12 scale version. The articulation is better, the figure actually balances and stands on its own, and the skin/covering seems thicker and sturdier. It does not feel like it is in imminent danger of tearing, and it does not slide around with that worm-on-a-fishhook feel that creeped me out.

[Image: july22a.jpg]
22 July – Pinky Street Hiking Adventure
Hiking or rock climbing? Those are some big rocks for a small doll.
What a view! I have to agree with Elfy, those are really big rocks for a figure this small.
Beautiful scenery behind her.
Rock climbing, clearly. And what a beautifully clear day for it too