Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-05-2019, 01:51 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I take it you didn't grab any more of the Wild Hearts dolls.

I did not grab any more of the Wild Hearts Crew dolls because the Wild Hearts Crew dolls did not grab me. I have been looking forward to seeing Rallye and Charlie, but in person they are nothing to write home about. Cori (second from the right) is probably the most appealing other than Kenna.

(09-05-2019, 06:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]The word 'security' doesn't really fit her, 'danger' is more her style, but 'danger guard' would be a really weird job. Then again, it is The Dollie Dungeon we're talking about...

"Danger Guard," I like it! Not necessarily a guardian against danger, but a guardian of danger!

(09-05-2019, 06:41 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]She’d fit right in with the cast of the Danger Girl comics.

I think the petite Ms. Dilettante would need a significant Obitsu upgrade to fit in with the Danger Girl line-up... or at least, to fit in to a Danger Girl costume!

(09-05-2019, 07:04 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, she looks very cool there. Love the lighting effect

Anybody can look cool when they dress like the Gesta... that is, when they dress in a Hugo Boss inspired uniform!  Tongue

(09-05-2019, 10:43 PM)Jubilee Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder what kind of villains she fights and I guess she's a vigilante.

I don't think she fights anyone, actually. She simply likes the uniform chic fashion æsthetic.

[Image: september5.jpg]
5 September – End of Shift for Officer Lala
(09-06-2019, 10:58 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]"Danger Guard," I like it! Not necessarily a guardian against danger, but a guardian of danger!
Or a dangerous guard...

What a cute little dolly-size locker! The dresser is neat too. Cool photo.
You have the greatest sets / props for your photos, I’m in awe.

She looks ready for a night off with her feet up.
I like the locker too, but I can’t but think she’s in some sort of top secret mission and that isn’t actually her locker.
Oh, Lala works there, too? This is like dark and sinister and somewhat decadent version of Charlie's Angels. Dave's Devils...
Actually I'm with neon on this, so you have like the dark side Charlie's Angels among you?
Wow so she is a poser =/ sometimes pulling off "danger asthetic" can get you in trouble.
(09-06-2019, 01:09 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]What a cute little dolly-size locker!  The dresser is neat too. 

The locker is from a 12-inch action figure playset. I found the dresser at a craft store.

(09-06-2019, 03:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]You have the greatest sets / props for your photos.

I have a bare minimum of sets and props. I look at photos on Instagram of hyper-realistic doll-scale room settings and I feel like giving up doll photography altogether.

(09-06-2019, 03:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I like the locker too, but I can’t but think she’s in some sort of top secret mission and that isn’t actually her locker.

She does look like she's attempting to be surreptitious, now that you mention it.

(09-06-2019, 07:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, Lala works there, too? This is like dark and sinister and somewhat decadent version of Charlie's Angels. 

Dark, sinister, and somewhat decadent accurately describes the overall Dollie Dungeon design concept.

(09-06-2019, 08:14 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I'm with neon on this, so you have like the dark side Charlie's Angels among you?

If angels truly walk among us, that sounds like an entertaining type of angel to have around.

(09-06-2019, 11:37 PM)Jubilee Wrote: [ -> ]Wow so she is a poser =/ sometimes pulling off "danger asthetic" can get you in trouble.

"Poser" pretty much means "fashion model," right?  LOL   So she's good with that!

Do you speak from personal ex.perience with the "danger æsthetic" thing?  yay

[Image: september6.jpg]
6 September – "Seems Like Very Mysterious Circus Style Girl"

"Roll up, Roll up!! Step into my dark world and prepare to be amazed by my Gothic Circus. Come with me... but be warned, you may never want to leave.... Feel Like So."
Very cool. Composition, colours, lighting.... neat!
Ooooh, me likes! Awesome! Great light, great color scheme, great doll, great spiral staircase!
Oooh gothic circus. I'll buy tickets
Oooh, love the lighting!
Mysterious and spooky exploring the creepy staircase.
[Image: september7.jpg]
7 September – "I do not in the least resemble that horrid little girl!"

The Spooky Sookie Sisters dissect the trailer for the upcoming Addams Family animated feature film.

"Seriously, do the repugnant, prurient fanboys understand that Chloë Grace Moretz is no longer the 11-year old who starred in that vulgar superhero pastiche?"

"You're talking about people who think rap music and the associated 'bling' is somehow cool."

"True; so they likely do not recognize the not-so-subtle wrongness of Morticia's voice."

"Oh, you are so right! Carolyn Jones and Anjelica Huston are doubtlessly twitching nervously in their graves."

"I believe Anjelica Huston is still living."

"Well... Anjelica is a great actress, fully capable of portraying someone who is dead. And then twitching."

"This trailer makes me feel like twitching; the pacing, the fast cuts – it is entirely too manic."

"Yes, I remember how that Pokémon episode affected you."

"And that Star Wars fellow as Gomez?"

"The only Star Wars character more annoying than Kylo Ben Kenobi, no less. Why, Raoul Julia and the great John Astin must be...."

"Well, half of them."

"What do you mean? Raoul Julia is...."

"But not John Astin. In fact, he's still working. Voicing animated characters, actually."

"Whaaaat?!? Then why the [redacted]...."

"I know, I know... wait! Is that... is that David Cassidy I hear on the soundtrack?"

"I could say that is one redeeming quality, but isn't the gimmick of contrasting perky, chipper pop songs against somber, dreary images a bit trite?"

"Again, we're talking about an audience who thinks rap culture is cool, who idolize a ten year old actress who was ten years old ten years ago, and who are willing to accept the blonde girl from 'Something About Mary' as the voice of Morticia."

"Ewww! Why did you have to bring that up? That hair gel scene still gives me the heebie-jeebies! But I don't think that was the same actress."

"Does it matter? All the actresses from that era look alike, sound alike, and act alike; and none of them look, sound, or act like a proper Morticia."

"And Lurch is far too animated in animated form."

"So we're taking a pass on this one?"
This made me laugh quite a bit. And from the commentary I think we will pass in this at the cinema, maybe catch it on tv later on.