Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She's got such a fierce look on her, this is a girl who is very much in charge
Hahaha, "five miles to school everyday in the snow, uphill both ways." I was going to say that before scrolling down & seeing someone already had LOL
I've missed so many but I didn't really want to look at everyone's photos on a tiny little phone screen. Even worse for your eyes than a laptop. It's always fun seeing your Pinkys. They have such personality.
Sorry to hear the Smart Dolls are frustrating. sad If it was me, some of that would be frustration about having spent so much on them & then not having them be everything I hoped. I think that would add to frustration about any actual physical difficulty in posing them. I hope you find a way to really enjoy them.
I carry a wrinkly piece of tinfoil in my camera bag as a reflector all the time smile
If the Pinky forum you've mentioned was still active, I could see me getting drawn into that. They're so cute & portable, for photo trips. (*does not need another collection...* LOL )
(02-25-2019, 08:11 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I carry a wrinkly piece of tinfoil in my camera bag as a reflector all the time.

That is a really good idea, both for photographic purposes, and in case you end up with a leftover slice of pizza!

[Image: february25.jpg]
Pinky Street PC2028 Kimi ni Todoke Sawako Kuronuma
Ooh, appropriately spooky for a horror girl! (Sawako should meet Sunako from Yamamoto Nadeshiko Shichi Henge but I don't think she has a Pinky figure...)
Bautifully atmsospheric! Those, er, paper tubes... make for a great backdrop for Pinkies! They look like giant tanks for toxic waste or something similar.

(02-26-2019, 05:05 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, appropriately spooky for a horror girl! (Sawako should meet Sunako from Yamamoto Nadeshiko Shichi Henge but I don't think she has a Pinky figure...)

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the photo was the quote "It's Sawako, not Sadako" and how she even made it her e-mail adress LOL
Lol, toilet paper (or maybe paper towel?) rolls look so much more interesting in black and white!

Lovely photo!
(02-26-2019, 09:41 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, toilet paper (or maybe paper towel?) rolls look so much more interesting in black and white!

Some of each. LOL I suppose I should have painted them or something to at least try to disguise the obvious origin!
Like the total tonal alteration the b&w filter gives this.
[Image: february26.jpg]
Pinky Street PC2022A Shakugan no Shana

Even Shana's flaming sword is no match against the relentless snows of this endless winter.
What a fiery redhead! As I see it, the relentless snows are no match for her flaming sword. So much snow against so little flame, yet it flares, inviolate and impeccable!
(02-27-2019, 07:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]So much snow against so little flame, yet it flares, inviolate and impeccable!

I shall try to adopt your less pessimistic attitude... even though there is more snow in the forecast for the end of the week.
She looks quite triumphant!
Great photo! Hahaha, I feel you, Shana! Fight on, against the cold and the bleakness! Never give in! LOL
(It's only February. If you want 'never-ending winter', come up here where you still need your winter coat in April slash )
Very creative use of TP tubes, I'll never look at them the same, again. Shana really does have that flaming thing going on.
Surely her sword can melt enough to form a little snowless patch.