Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh my. She certainly looks angry. This photo could be a comic-book cover...
Yeah comic book or pulp magazine/book cover.
(09-01-2019, 10:42 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my.  She certainly looks angry.  This photo could be a comic-book cover...

(09-01-2019, 11:29 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah comic book or pulp magazine/book cover.

If that is the case, then my effort was a success. I composed this photo to illustrate a text passage in a story written by one of the members of another forum.
Here is the version I posted to that forum, complete with the "pulp novel" style text excerpt:

[Image: devilgirl_ammo.jpg]
That wing is awesome! Love the colors and textures in the whole photo.
Then the photo perfectly illustrates the text - well done!
Awesome lighting!!!
Oh that is perfect for that text!
[Image: september1.jpg]
1 September – Underwood Typewriter Serial Number

The senior secretary of our typing pool, Miss Noir, was able to locate the serial number of the Underwood typewriter pictured a few days ago, and using the Typewriter Database web site, she identified this machine as being an Underwood SS model, not an S as previously believed, manufactured between 1 May and 1 July 1946.

Unfortunately, the machine is not working properly. The bell doesn't ring, for one thing; and what is the point of typing with a manual typewriter if the end-of-line bell doesn't chime? More significantly, the upper and lower case letters are significantly out of alignment with one another.

The machine was fully functional when it was last used, but that was before a long-distance move and several years of being shifted around in storage. I am hoping that with information from The Typosphere website and the assistance of Miss Noir, we can get this masterpiece of art moderne mechanical ingenuity up and running again.
Good luck to you and Miss Noir! I hope you'll be able to revive the charming contraption!
She looks very serious with her glasses perched partway down her nose. If you want the type writer fixed get Triv and Janie on the job.
I hope you and Miss Noir are able to repair it.

And I agree, what’s the point of a working manual typewriter if it doesn’t go “ding” when you hit the carriage return! LOL
Good luck to you both. I suppose Miss Noir will recieve a bonus for this extra work?
She looks like she's up to the task!
Give it to the Smart Dolls. They seem to be pretty good at fixing things.
(09-02-2019, 04:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck to you and Miss Noir! I hope you'll be able to revive the charming contraption!

With Miss Noir's ex-pertise and the technical information in The Manual Typewriter Repair Bible, which specifically covers 1946 models – what are the odds? – we are cautiously optimistic.

(09-02-2019, 04:47 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]She looks very serious with her glasses perched partway down her nose. If you want the type writer fixed get Triv and Janie on the job.

Triv and Janie are very likely to be called in on this project.

(09-02-2019, 10:07 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you and Miss Noir are able to repair it.

And I agree, what’s the point of a working manual typewriter if it doesn’t go “ding” when you hit the carriage return!  LOL

I know, right? The bell used to work! I'm hoping the bell problem is merely a dirt and gunk issue that some cleaning and lubrication will remedy.

(09-02-2019, 10:39 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck to you both. I suppose Miss Noir will recieve a bonus for this extra work?

Miss Noir says it is apparent that you have never worked in a secretarial pool.  yay

(09-03-2019, 04:05 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]She looks like she's up to the task!

Looking the part is 90% of success.

(09-03-2019, 10:15 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Give it to the Smart Dolls.  They seem to be pretty good at fixing things.

Janie and Triv are requesting "cute old-fashioned secretary outfits" before agreeing to assist with this project.

[Image: september2.jpg]
2 September – Dictation and Stenography Tips with Miss Noir

Frame from an educational filmstrip offering dictation and stenography instruction.