Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a sad thing when a community starts to die out. You can always hope for something new to breathe new life into it, but that may only work for a short while.

I haven't seen much of Bob Hope, but it is a name I do know of. He does look like he's getting transported to and from his next gig and is going to make a comment on how he paid for a seat without the snow.
The lay house is really cool, never would have guessed it’s pizza/cereal boxes under all that. Look forward to more olays with the pinky st gang.
(I’m not letting Elfy near a hot-glue gun, he can barely cope with sticky tape when wrapping presents. I’ll come home to find he’s glued himself to the table or something. His creative talent is words - he does most of the writing for the photo stories)

Bob Hope oooks very unimpressed with the transport option for this tour.
Is there a Bing Crosby set of dolls to go with the Bib Hope ones? Fun fact Bing Crosby was originally meant to play Hogan in Hogan’s Heroes.
(03-13-2019, 04:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a Bing Crosby set of dolls to go with the Bib Hope ones? Fun fact Bing Crosby was originally meant to play Hogan in Hogan’s Heroes.

I knew that "Hogan's Heroes" was produced by Bing Crosby's production company, but I did not know that Bing was originally intended to star! I used to love that show when I was a kid in elementary school.

I wish they'd made a Bing figure to go with Bob. The Bob Hope figure was the first and only release in the "Hollywood Heroes" line of GI Joe figures. Since it was advertised as Number One in a series, I presume the intent was to release further figures. I don't know why that never happened.

In addition to a Bing Crosby, I would love to have a Gene Kelly figure to go with the Barbie Frank Sinatra.
Good shot of Bob!  Even I would vote for golf over snow, if it was warm... LOL

(03-13-2019, 06:25 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ](I’m not letting Elfy near a hot-glue gun, he can barely cope with sticky tape when wrapping presents.
I know someone like this!  When she told me she got tape in her hair trying to wrap parcels, I couldn't believe it... but then one time I helped her do it, and she DID LOL

(03-14-2019, 02:43 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]In addition to a Bing Crosby, I would love to have a Gene Kelly figure to go with the Barbie Frank Sinatra.
I know I've said that on more than one of your posts of Frank.  I think I'd've had a crush on him if I lived in that era.  One of Mom's favourite movies was "Anchors Aweigh".  We used to watch it once a year or so.
It's nice that you can snap up some of these figures for cheap nowadays, but, it's sad that it's because fewer people are interested in these classic entertainers.
[Image: march13.jpg]
13 March – Pinky Street PC1002 "Captain Animate" No. 2
Now what has upset her? The fact that she can’t get a Bing doll? Along with the Bing one they could also do a Dorothy Lamour and you’d able to do your own Road doll movie.
She does look upset that they didn5 make more figures in th3 classic entertainers line smile smile
Unyuu, her blue twintails and angry face are too cute for me to handle!
Yup, am agreeing that she's upset about the lack of figures in the classic entertainers line.

She does look utterly adorable, though.
[Image: march14.jpg]
14 March – Pinky Street PC2014 Haruhi Suzumiya

Bunny Girl was surprised, altho' not particularly delighted, to discover four inches (10cm) of fresh snow on the ground this morning.
That outfit might be a bit insufficient in the current weather conditions...
Poor thing must be freezing. But the colouring does look great against the stark white and crisp blue
Both cute! And as usual, great colours in the outdoor one. Haruhi looks quite determined & undeterred by the snow.
(Sorry, but I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one suffering with looking at snow... blush )

(03-14-2019, 03:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Along with the Bing one they could also do a Dorothy Lamour and you’d able to do your own Road doll movie.
Oh boy, there would be an ambitious project for someone... recreate classic movies (or parts thereof) with dolls! LOL
Not to mention damn cold, and aren’t the bunnies still hibernating?