Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I mean, you can always swap wardrobe back to 'pirate' when she's done doing whatever else.
Yeah, let's see Triv in it.
[Image: september28.jpg]
28 September 2019 – A Doll A Day 2019

I came really, really close to giving up today.

But then I read that on this date in 1889 the First General Conference on Weights and Measures defined the length of a meter using a bar of platinum-iridium alloy measured at the melting point of water ice, and thought... yeah, A Doll A Day is nowhere near as important as that, so I really should quit.

Instead, I'll continue, just for spite.

Ninety-four days to go.
Triv embodies the spirit of how you felt wonderfully well.
Oh, I feel you. I want to drop out every time I have to take a mig-or-other sick pic. Hang in there! I think photos like these are also important, because they're authentic reportage photos!
NGL, I really love this photo? The air being so done just... it pours from it and it's actually pretty grin-making because you really do manage to capture the emotion well
That’s so cool about finding an actual shamrock while out dowsing, but I do have to agree with werepuppy about treating it with respect.
She looks so completely fed up, very accurate daily reportage.
She looks like she had a bad morning some of her hair is frizzy.
You can do it. You even made a NITM photo funny. smile
Maybe next year you should switch to doll-a-week.
She looks like she's in a hostage situation...

I always enjoy your pictures, even the quickie, on-the-verge-of-giving-up ones.
It's catch-up time. No, I haven't given up. I've been snapping photos, but I haven't had a chance to post them until now.

[Image: september29.jpg]
29 September – Triv Takes Up Doll Photography

"What is this 'Doll a Day' thing I've heard about?"

[Image: september30.jpg]
30 September – Triv and Janie (Smart Dolls Symphony and Harmony)

"So you finally changed out of your pirate uniform, huh?"

"Yeah, I have some things to do that don't require a sword."

[Image: october1.jpg]
1 October – Janie Can't Decide Which She Likes Better,
Her Pirate Boots or Her Hiking Boots

[Image: october2.jpg]
2 October – Janie Visits Cedar Breaks National Monument in the U.S. State of Utah
I hope Triv enjoys doll photography.

You make these girls look so brilliant in your photos
I'm so glad you're not giving up! All of these are great! I love Triv's tiny camera, and doll photos in nature are always great.
Wow, look at that background!! I want to go ex-ploring it! You do have some pretty spectacular scenery to make up (somewhat?) for the crummy climate.
I love the 'doll photography' shot! The composition, her pose, she looks quite alive and as though you just interrupted her work.

(10-03-2019, 03:52 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]"Yeah, I have some things to do that don't require a sword."
But what, though....? I mean.... really....?
Certain of the crew around here would argue that you can always work a sword into things somehow LOL

(10-03-2019, 03:52 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]1 October – Janie Can't Decide Which She Likes Better, Her Pirate Boots or Her Hiking Boots
Oh, I agree. Quite the dilemma.
(10-03-2019, 06:08 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]You make these girls look so brilliant in your photos

They look brilliant on their own. I have little to do with it.

(10-03-2019, 06:57 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I love Triv's tiny camera....

And it's a real film camera, too! It's a "sub-miniature" camera from the 1950s or 1960s.

(10-04-2019, 11:39 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Certain of the crew around here would argue that you can always work a sword into things somehow.

I suspect it would not take much convincing to get Jane to agree with your... point.

[Image: october3.jpg]
3 October – Oh Boy! More Lanterns!

"Oh boy! More lanterns! Somebody bring me the kerosene and a box of matches!"