Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the scepticism there. They know not to trust 'in theory'.
These girls seriously need their own DIY blog.
Theory is wonderful, except when the practicality taken over.
(07-04-2019, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Only now they’re doing the tricky bits?

The first part was mostly manual labor. Now they're working out the complicated parts.

(07-04-2019, 06:22 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]They're dolly version of A-Team, of course it's going to work!

Yes... yes... of course it's going to work!  straight

(07-04-2019, 11:57 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]I love the skepticism there. They know not to trust 'in theory'.

If it looks good on paper, it'll fly... right? Right?

(07-05-2019, 07:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]These girls seriously need their own DIY blog.

Well... first they have to actually finish this project!   Whacked

(07-05-2019, 07:35 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Theory is wonderful, except when the practicality taken over.

A lesson which is currently being learned... and learned... and learned!

INDEPENDENCE DUHHH 2019:

[Image: july4.jpg]
4 July – "Maybe some quiet time alone will give you a chance to figure this thing out, Moé! See ya next year!"

There's a backstory here: Independence Duhhh
Haha... Poor girl. She needs to find a new crowd to hang with. ....errr, hang out with. LOL
Awwww, poor girl. She just wants to join the fun.
Ha Haaa! LOL

I remember this from the last year. She's very insistent about that colonialistic t-shirt, isn't she? I'm starting to think she actually does know what's wrong with it, and is doing it just to tease the others (she can afford it, because she's basically indestructible).
What did she do that they locked her up?
(07-05-2019, 01:14 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Haha... Poor girl.  She needs to find a new crowd to hang with.  ....errr, hang out with. LOL

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

- Benjamin Franklin, 1776
yay

(07-05-2019, 03:15 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Awwww, poor girl. She just wants to join the fun.

I know. Sometimes, after all these years of missing out, I almost feel badly for her.

(07-05-2019, 07:27 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I remember this from the last year. She's very insistent about that colonialistic t-shirt, isn't she? I'm starting to think she actually does know what's wrong with it, and is doing it just to tease the others (she can afford it, because she's basically indestructible).

You mean maybe she's just messin' with 'em? Could be, I suppose. Or maybe she's a poor loser and just can't let it rest.   LOL

(07-05-2019, 07:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]What did she do that they locked her up?

Thought crimes. Or in Moé's case, lack-of-thought crimes.
yay

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

[Image: july5a.jpg]

Janie: "If we get this part sealed up properly, we shouldn't have any more leaks."

Triv: "Which means we shouldn't have any more wet, rotten floors, right?"

Janie: "Exactly! And we will never, ever have to do this stupid project again!"

Triv: "You said this project. Like, this particular project."

Janie: "Well... if you insist on being all precise and stuff... yeah."

Triv: "... sigh ..."
Don't worry, there's always something new to fix! I love Janie's innocent face in this conversation.
Janie appears to be enjoying the work, Triv, not so much. But at least they're just about done, and can take pride in all they've achieved!
Haa... because there's always another project.... slash
Do you have to ex-plain to anyone else why the project keeps stopping for doll photos or are you free to take your time with it? If Handyman Guy shows up to fix my leaking pipe seal, I think I won't stop to get the dolls involved...
The 4th July ongoing photo series is so funny.

House repairs are never-ending things, I’m sure Janie & Triv will have plenty still to do.
They should be justifiably proud of themselves when this project is done.
(07-06-2019, 06:24 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry, there's always something new to fix! I love Janie's innocent face in this conversation.

Janie is becoming quite the manipulative little thing.

(07-06-2019, 07:13 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Janie appears to be enjoying the work, Triv, not so much. But at least they're just about done, and can take pride in all they've achieved!

Just about done... that's what I was thinking... until today happened.

(07-07-2019, 02:24 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Haa... because there's always another project....  slash
Do you have to ex-plain to anyone else why the project keeps stopping for doll photos or are you free to take your time with it?  If Handyman Guy shows up to fix my leaking pipe seal, I think I won't stop to get the dolls involved...

You should fix the pipe seal yourself. Well, yourself along with your dollies. I'm sure, after watching a few YouTube videos and reading a couple of circular discussions on DIY help forums, you could screw it up just as badly as a professional.

(07-07-2019, 11:19 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]The 4th July ongoing photo series is so funny.

House repairs are never-ending things, I’m sure Janie & Triv will have plenty still to do.

Triv and I are ready to move in to a REAL house at this point, a NEW house, where everything isn't falling apart. Janie, however, seems to enjoy the challenge.

(07-07-2019, 04:12 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]They should be justifiably proud of themselves when this project is done.

Done? Done? Thank you for the vote of confidence. It's beginning to feel hopeless.

[Image: july6c.jpg]
6 July – Triv Spends Some Quality Time Alone... Underneath the House... at Night

"'It's only a p-trap," she says. 'Easy peasy,' she says. 'A couple of Fernco fittings and a couple of minutes,' she says. 'Watch out for snakes,' she says! 'You mean plumbers' snakes?' I asked her? 'No, the other kind,' she says."

Triv has decided that plumbing repairs are not her favorite aspect of home improvement projects. Next time, Janie can do it.