Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assume he’s not an electrician.
"Action interior decorator" LOL  Sounds like a dream job!

Absolutely stunning lighting (again)!!!
Scarah is great - I love her 60's Mod look

It's a bit concerning that the GI Joe is in the shadows in the room, one wonders what he's up to there.
(05-01-2019, 02:17 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]GI Joe being all in shadow... Pretty spooky

Dramatic... it's a dramatic silhouette! Rugged and dramatic, in fact!
LOL
(05-01-2019, 05:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I assume he’s not an electrician.

Not since that incident at the cathedral.

(05-01-2019, 10:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]"Action interior decorator" LOL  Sounds like a dream job!

He's angling for a TV show on one of those home improvement channels.

(05-01-2019, 11:03 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit concerning that the GI Joe is in the shadows in the room, one wonders what he's up to there.

He's probably looking for the light switch.

[Image: may1.jpg]
1 May – Carrying Heavy Stuff

This is pretty much how I spent my day today, all day; no, not playing with dolls action figures, but carrying heavy stuff. I was helping a neighbor transfer building materials from one site to another. At this point I can barely move, so I'm posting what barely qualifies as a photo.
So this is a live action shot?
I hope they're moving the heavy things in the right direction. Though I also sense the potential for hijinks and comedic slapstick.
I just hope they didn't hurt themselves! And yay for surviving today and still being able to take this amusing photo!
Aw, yay for good neighbours who help with heavy jobs.  Good for you! smile  That's a cute shot (and certainly qualifies, as you had to set them up).  And GI Joe looks like he's building something top secret there in the dark...
"That incident at the cathedral" Oh My Whacked

(05-01-2019, 05:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I assume he’s not an electrician.
LOL

(05-01-2019, 10:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]"Action interior decorator" ... Sounds like a dream job!
Or a dream guy xp LOL
Nice action shot to reflect your day - good for u to still be able to set up even that after your day
I love their hands-- they look like they're actually holding the wood, but they also look like they're doing it daintily, and like afterwards they're going to go have a tea party smile
Ha ha ha, you articulated what I was thinking earlier. I thought they looked like they didn't want to get their hands dirty. LOL
(05-02-2019, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]So this is a live action shot?

Fairly close, yes. Only, the GI Joe guys manage to maintain a stoic ex.pression, as opposed to my grimaces of discomfort.

(05-02-2019, 07:33 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]I hope they're moving the heavy things in the right direction. Though I also sense the potential for hijinks and comedic slapstick.

Right direction, probably not, at least based on the number of times we had to move and restack things yesterday. 

(05-03-2019, 04:48 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope they didn't hurt themselves! And yay for surviving today and still being able to take this amusing photo!

No permanent injuries.

(05-03-2019, 07:51 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Or a dream guy xp 

The guys are flattered, although they are now arguing over whether you prefer brunettes or blondes.

(05-03-2019, 08:22 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice action shot to reflect your day - good for u to still be able to set up even that after your day

The background leaves a bit to be desired, but at least I was able to get the figs to stand up before I fell over myself!

(05-03-2019, 08:58 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I love their hands-- they look like they're actually holding the wood, but they also look like they're doing it daintily, and like afterwards they're going to go have a tea party smile

(05-03-2019, 11:39 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Ha ha ha, you articulated what I was thinking earlier. I thought they looked like they didn't want to get their hands dirty.  LOL

Splinters. They were worried about splinters.

[Image: may2.jpg]
2 May – Ever After High Cerise Hood wonders what manner of forest this might be

The "forest floor" is the floor of my storage shed. The dolls and toys occupy the back one-third. The rest is kind of a tangled heap of storage boxes, tools, and miscellaneous bits and pieces. Early this past winter, while trying to pull an extension cord out of the chaos, I managed to spill several containers of screws and nails and miscellaneous hardware. I have been stepping over the resulting mess ever since. One of these days I might clean it up. I keep hoping the dolls will get tired of the clutter and take care of it for me, but so far that hasn't happened.

Anyway, this is another glimpse into the disorganized horror and shame of my everyday life. I'm thinking that perhaps if I post about it here, I may feel inspired to do something about it.
(05-03-2019, 12:35 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The guys are flattered, although they are now arguing over whether you prefer brunettes or blondes.
LOL Aw, ... tell them they're both very handsome....

I feel your pain... There are 2 shirts on a chair in the living room that only need a button & a minor mend... they've been there 2 weeks or so... the stuff I moved out of the way for the plumber a couple weeks ago is still where it was moved to, and thanks to parents who didn't like to throw things out I have a bad case of "piles" too Cry

Cerise looks rather maternally reproachful... "Now... I did ask you to clean up your room..." LOL

That mouse is unreal. But you don't want them... I am currently at war with mousedom and they keep coming. And far from cleaning up anything, they're just leaving s*** (literally) everywhere Rawr!
I'm in need of cleaning and organising too... Do we all just keep putting it to the side?

Cerise does look like she's in the mood to scold people...
The plastic tub matches her coat, so she can practice her camouflage skills.