Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She's totally about to steal the little guy's hat just for the fun of it...
Having just seen an acquaintance's FB posts, I realize I know someone who really looks like Carly. Hat and all! That little shepherd must be really tiny!
[Image: august8.jpg]
8 August – Pinky Street PK005B Kokoro

Kick 'em in the knee bone
Sock 'em in the jaw
Flush 'em down the toilet
Rah! Rah! Rah!
I like that cheer! And Kokoro looks like she's ready to actually do all those things!
Kokoro's cheer is very encouraging. It's violent, we can't help but approve. Go, team! Do the ... thing!

(I'm not up on my sports. ... Apart from proper football, but that's a totally different thing.)
Hmmm... was this the company's original slogan for her...? xp
Sounds like it would be a rowdy game. LOL
[Image: august9.jpg]
9 August – A Doll A Day in its Most Basic Form

I had several ideas for pics today, but Today had other ideas. So here's a quick snapshot of Pinky Street dollies in Ziploc bags amid the clutter on my craft table.

#boom #done
Chaos is the beginning of everything, therefore this is a deeply symbolic picture! If you printed this on cca 9' x 7.5' canvas, whipped up a confident ex³pression, went to an art gallery and said that this artwork depicts the angst and despair of today's youth lost in chaos and separated from the world by the invisible, yet very tangible barrier of their own uncertainty, they would totally want to buy it!
... What neon said. This would work well as an ex.pressionist art print
Well, I was going to say something about a representation of untapped potential… Unpacking oneself onto the craft table of one's life; leaving behind the generic packaging imposed by society in order to reinvent oneself in the creation of a story whose plot is yet unknown.
But yeah, I guess angst and despair could work too. xp
I do like the ex.pressionist version that neon talked about. But Alliecat also has a good vision for the potential of the photo.

And yesterday’s cheer girl is going to make you appreciate the work she’s put into the cheering, thankyouverymuch, from that ex.pression LOL
Thank you for the entertaining comments on the previous image! I shall respond at greater length tomorrow, when I hope to be feeling more energetic and enthusiastic.

Bratz Yasmin steps up to the plate on another uninspired Doll-A-Day day:

[Image: august10.jpg]
10 August – Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin
I like her hat smile
Her ex.pression is a little disappointed, like, "Am I not inspiring you?" LOL
Nice to see Yasmin again, it's been a while. Hang in there!
Yasmin doing her best Indiana Jones impersonation there.