Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Triv looked very industrious on her trip.

And that old baby doll is rather creepy in a nice way (which is a weird thing to write down when I look at it). I find the porcelain dolls from early 1900’s just a wee bit weird.
Nice batch! Although it makes me wonder if Triv ever takes a break...
Fantastic batch. If Triv doesn't usually take a break, she's earned one.
[Image: october28.jpg]
28 October – Spooky Sooki

Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki head on a TBLeague S24A seamless body.
The silhouette on the wall reminds me of bats. Man she is a stylish lady, wish I could pull off wearing boots like that. LOL

Hows the seamless body? How poseable s it?
I get a very Chilling Adventures of Sabrina vibe from Sooki.
Is this some official Dungeon october party or are all the gorgeously sinister and sinisterly gorgeous ladies just passing through there?
Sooki is looking good - is she on her way to a party?

ETA: Actually, the most random thought now came to me. You have rebodied some dolls fantastically; but what did you do with their original bodies?
Sooki looks good -- nicely colour matched to her surroundings too!
Great set of travel pix. As always, I love the perspective in so many of them -- whether the dolls are meant to look small against their surroundings or to be in scale, it always works. Did you save the olden-days dollie? I like her -- looks like she's sleeping peacefully. Great lighting on the photo from the 22nd. And yeah, "moving made easier" is a bit of a pipe dream, right? LOL
(10-29-2020, 09:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Is this some official Dungeon october party or are all the gorgeously sinister and sinisterly gorgeous ladies just passing through there?

The plan at the beginning of the month was for a major monster mash party, but the way my enthusiasm (and general will to live) is fading, it probably won't happen.

(10-29-2020, 10:35 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]ETA: Actually, the most random thought now came to me. You have rebodied some dolls fantastically; but what did you do with their original bodies?

Not a random thought at all, but a very good question. I sold the original Momoko body from Cousin Monday, so I was able to recoup at least a portion of the cost of the "upgrade." (Not everyone would agree that switching to a TBLeague body is an upgrade, but now that she's on a TBL body the figure has much better balance and a greater range of movement, and the original costume fits, other than the shoes, so I'm happy with the results.)

I would have tried selling the Dynamite Girls body, but I cracked the neck a little bit during the head removal. Dull blade on the guillotine, I guess.

(10-30-2020, 10:31 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Did you save the olden-days dollie?  I like her -- looks like she's sleeping peacefully. 

Yes, Olden Days Dolly has joined our crew. She'll bring a little bit of class to the joint.

[Image: october29.jpg]
29 October – Avea wants to be a singer, but her voice is a little hoarse.
Ha ha ha! LOL
(That needn’t stop her; a lot of successful singers have crummy voices. Go for it, girl!)

I’m glad the old doll found a new home.
(10-30-2020, 01:36 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ](That needn’t stop her; a lot of successful singers have crummy voices. Go for it, girl!)

She'd probably do better as a hoofer.  yay
xp LOL
Awful terrible bad music puns for Avea LOL

It looks like your setting up for a great party in the Dungeon.
(10-30-2020, 04:54 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Awful terrible bad music puns for Avea LOL

We trotted out some real whinnies... I mean winners... for her, didn't we? Don't mind us, we're just horsing around.