Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So wait, she has a disembodied hand that lives in the hat...? LOL
You can't really play with nice packaging though....
(from an inveterate de-boxer wink )
Set her freeeeeeeee!!!
I believe the phrase LET HER BREATHE is applicable here...

It is really nice packaging though
The packaging is great on those boxes.

That being said, set her FREEEE!!!!
LOL  Unanimous response to that Freak du Chic pic!

[Image: may1.jpg]
1 May – "Is it over with? No? Check back in a month? Or six weeks? Or... two years, you say?"
He looks like a sci-fi movie character.

Along with limiting how often I watch the news, I'm also trying to not read very many of the "ex.perts'" predictions. Being greeted with one first thing this morning that a friend posted, was not a great way to start the day. Nobody's crystal ball is working these days.
The situation sucks, but the photo is awesome!

I really hope you'll be able to debox yourself soon.
This has a great sci-fi atmosphere to it.
(05-02-2020, 02:08 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]He looks like a sci-fi movie character.

(05-02-2020, 10:52 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]This has a great sci-fi atmosphere to it.

Ameeeelllliiiiiaaaaaaææææ.....
(05-02-2020, 06:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope you'll be able to debox yourself soon.

Speaking of deboxing... and science fiction (to placate the Hive Mind)...

[Image: may2b.jpg]
2 May – This Arrived Today!

Darth Vader Barbie arrived today. Not only is she mint-in-package, she is mint-in-original-shipping-carton! It appears she was purchased by a retailer and then never retailed.

But how... how can I bring myself to open a box from a town called Soddy Daisy? I mean, isn't a name like that practically worth the price alone? That's sure-fire collectible value, right there!

Does anyone really live in Soddy Daisy? I was curious, so I conducted some research. If a thirty second online search can be considered research. The town name is actually hyphenated: Soddy-Daisy. Forty or so years ago, the separate towns of Daisy and Soddy decided to combine both their towns and the name. I can't feature anyone living in a town with a cute name like Daisy wanting to join forces with a place called Soddy. And then hyphenate the name. 

But then, the state of Tennessee is known for two things: famous frontiersman Davy Crockett, and backwoods moonshining hillbillies.

Davy Crockett left Tennessee to move to Texas to be killed at The Battle of the Alamo, if that tells you anything.

The hillbilly moonshine must've been flowing copiously the night the towns decided to adopt the name Soddy-Daisy.

Sadly, Darth Barbie escaped one podunk nowhere only to land in the middle of another podunk nowhere.

I'll probably let her out of the box relatively soon. Of course, "relatively soon" could still mean a pretty long time around here.

Also, regarding escaping from the box: some of the local restaurants were allowed to open here today! Possibly because we're so far out in the middle of nowhere that nobody will care, or even notice, if we all die. The restaurants have to ensure social distancing, and staff must wear masks and gloves, but if they follow the rules they are allowed to offer dine-in seating. So of course I went out for dinner! I thought that having the staff wear masks would annoy me, but the restaurant I went to is called the Cowboy Smokehouse, and it has a western theme. The staff were wearing cowboy hats with bandanas across their faces, so they looked like bandits from an old-time western movie. I found it amusing rather than annoying.

Even the local sheriff and his wife were having supper at the Smokehouse.

So... small-kine "social unboxing."

Enough rambling; here's a bonus pic: faded plastic snowman in the dumpster at the refuse transfer station today:

[Image: may2a.jpg]
LOL!! LOL I had to google too. It conjured up the image of a soaking (sodden) drooping flower after a rainstorm.
I suppose you could save the box labels, and call her Darth Daisy...?
Yay for supper out! And only in our circles would someone come up with the term 'social unboxing' -- I like it!!

TELL ME YOU RESCUED THE SNOWMAN.
How lovely you could go out to dinner! We still aren’t able to do that.

And The town name makes me laugh. My favourite town-name here is Tumble-Down-Dick. I do wonder how they came by that name.

I’m very intrigued by the Darth Barbie whenever she’s gets unboxed.
Re: the name of the town, the shire of Bland here has partnered with the town of Boring in Alabama and Dull in Scotland.
Yay for dining out! We can still only do take-outs (although restaurants should re-open in waves during the whole May). And congrats on Darth Daisy Babs!

Town names can be a lot of fun.
Fantastic that you can dine out!

Also I am so glad your Darth Vader / Baroness lady has arrived!