Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The "back off, man" and the hand are my thoughts after a meeting this week at which two people utterly ignored all the 2-metre distancing business the meeting perpetrators organizers made such a Thing about, as far as letting the media person in; both could have conversed perfectly fine from their ten feet away but entered my no-fly zone instead... Irritated ... but I digress.... LOL
...is that a Ghostbusters thing? because I actually never saw the movie.
Very pretty portrait of Adeline.
(06-12-2020, 06:36 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Such a cute and cheerful face! Is that a really clever angle, or are those the follow me eyes?

Those are the normal stock eyes. 

I find Smart Dolls challenging to photograph well. Even something as minor as a small shift in focal length (zoom) can have a significant impact on the apparent dimensions of the face. The wrong angle can make the chin appear extremely small or even seem to disappear altogether. If the angle is too low, the seam where the neck attaches to the head can be distracting.

[Image: june12.jpg]
12 June – Break Time
I’m surprised Janie actually gives them a break.
This is really cute, and somehow they don’t look very relaxed. It looks more like “how much time do we have before we have to go back to work?“ LOL
Their “smoko” break is timed to the second there - looks like barely enough time to drink their tea.
They do look troubled to me. Not sure if they don't have much time for the break or if there's something else weighing on their minds, or it's a reflection of their human's situation, but I hope that it will be OK soon.
They look like they are enjoying their tea, at least.
(06-13-2020, 07:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if they don't have much time for the break or if there's something else weighing on their minds, or it's a reflection of their human's situation....

Mostly number one, some of number two, and a bit of number three (which largely mirrors number one).   yay

A challenge I need to undertake is to pose Smart Dolls so they look natural and relaxed. I see photos online in which Smart Dolls appear natural and fluid and relaxed, but my Smart Doll photos almost always appear stiff and awkward and unnatural.

[Image: june13.jpg]
13 June – Out of This World Doll Day

Thank you to neon_jellyfish for the reminder that today is/was World Doll Day.

[Image: World%2BDoll%2BDay.jpg]
Love the little model of the original Enterprise, and the Novis particularly suitable for today’s pic.
That's a brilliantly posed shot with the Enterprise floating between the Novis.
I dunno, I always think your smart dolls look great. And today’s picture is just super cool all around!
I think that the Smart Dolls don't look stiff & unnatural in your photos. But I also don't follow Smart Dolls in general, so don't know what other's photos look like.
Whoa! What an out of this world photo!!! I love it!

I think your Smart Dolls look very natural. If they didn't, I wouldn't even think about how they might feel in the photo, they would be just plastic things.
Ooh, World Doll Day is a universal event I see.

I would need to agree with those saying your posing always looks very natural.
[Image: june14.jpg]
14 June – Darth Vader Barbie

After neon_jellyfish reminded us with today's photo that today was World Steampunk Day, I hoped to post a steampunkish photo myself, but that didn't happen. Then I thought maybe I'd open up Darth Vader Barbie, but that didn't happen. A lot of tiring and time-consuming stuff did happen, including an odd incident involving an owl...

[Image: owl_june14.jpg]
Owl in a Box