Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What Lejays said!

It looks like a still from a gothic horror romance silent movie.
I am thirding Lejay's of her being a dramatic silent era movie star, and seconding neon's thought of her being in some gothic romance movie. The tragic tale of a vampire's love - doomed from the start!
Echoing the hive-mind. Very dramatic.
(10-08-2020, 04:45 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She's a Dramatic Silent Era Movie Star!

(10-08-2020, 06:05 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]What Lejays said!

It looks like a still from a gothic horror romance silent movie.

That is the look I was trying to achieve! Thank you!

[Image: october8.jpg]
8 September – Monster High Lagoona Blue
Daughter of the Sea Monster
She looks rather amused there. Watching an episode of Sigmund the Sea Monster on her shellivision?
(10-09-2020, 04:08 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]She looks rather amused there. Watching an episode of Sigmund the Sea Monster on her shellivision?

Siig-mund the Sea Monster and Johnny and Scott are friends....

Great! Now I will have that song stuck in my head as I'm trying to go to sleep!  LOL
She might be also planning some shenanigans...
She is clearly amused, whatever it is she's up to.
[Image: october9.jpg]
9 October – Monster High Cleo de Nile, Mad Science Lab Partners version

Poor lighting on my part resulted in unwanted reflection from the eyes. Not a flaw with the figure, but a failure of the photographer.

The main issue I have with this figure is the obvious, unsightly molding seams on the fronts of the legs. The earlier versions of Cleo, and most of the other MH figures, had very nicely sculpted and finished legs. Apparently corners were being cut by the time the Lab Partners set was released. Those seams have been dodged out a bit in post-production in this photo, but they are quite apparent, raised and rough, on the figure.
Well, they're not as bad as the T1 Pullip leg seams...
Again, I say this a lot, but, cool lighting on these.
I kind of thought Lagoona was licking her lips after eating a fallen-overboard sailor... xp ... but not being familiar with the character, I might be way off! LOL
I like Alliecat's idea of Lagoona licking her fingers after a yummy snack xp

I didn't really see the seams on Cleo's legs at first looks, but can now that you mentioned them. Love the little kerosene lamp she's got lighting the scene.
Okay the lighting here is fantastic!
I'm sure Cleo, of all monsters, really doesn't mind shining eyes. Aaah, she's so pretty.

Also I'd like to point that I took my photo for today before checking the forum, so I'm not trying to mimick your choice of model. This time.
(10-10-2020, 07:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Also I'd like to point that I took my photo for today before checking the forum, so I'm not trying to mimick your choice of model. This time.

LOL  I unapologetically and blatantly copy your photos quite frequently!  Tongue

[Image: october10.jpg]
10 October – Bratzillaz "Midnight Beach" Cloetta Spelletta

More glow in the dark fun with Midnight Beach!
I love the way she glows.