Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first thought was it’s Chuck Norris! But that is probably because I only have a very vague idea of who Bob Ross is.

What a lovely thought of the bloke/chap/lad/you lot on the forum to send you this.
(03-08-2020, 06:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2020, 10:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]He looks a bit like Bob Ross in an army uniform, which makes me chuckle...
davidd, I think you’ll have to shoot a picture of this guy painting a happy little tree.  xp LOL

Which you could then use for one of your Doodles of the Week... see, it all comes together!
(03-09-2020, 04:54 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2020, 06:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2020, 10:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]He looks a bit like Bob Ross in an army uniform, which makes me chuckle...
davidd, I think you’ll have to shoot a picture of this guy painting a happy little tree.  xp LOL

Which you could then use for one of your Doodles of the Week... see, it all comes together!

Well, there you go! That's a rather brilliant idea!

[Image: march8.jpg]
8 March - "Let Me Out of Here!"

Emily the Strange 12-inch figure by Ashton-Drake Galleries
Another Emily to join your army! Ah, she looks fantastic
(03-09-2020, 09:33 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Another Emily to join your army! Ah, she looks fantastic

No, no, not another one. Just a member of The Squad coming out for a breath of fresh air.
I like Emily rising out of her box.
She's very cute!
Always glad to see Emily/Emilies! Do they escape from boxes and wander around the house often?
(03-09-2020, 07:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Always glad to see Emily/Emilies! Do they escape from boxes and wander around the house often?

Not often, but periodically, yes.

[Image: march9a.jpg]
9 March – Will This Barbie Lab Coat Fit Wild Hearts Crew Rallee Radmore?

[Image: march9b.jpg]
Paging Doctor Radmore!

The illustration on the lab coat box pictures a clipboard, but there was not one inside. Bummer, woulda been cool. A flowery purple "hippie chick" dress with a sunflower pattern was included.
Love the Emily shot, and the lab coat on Rallee. Pity about the clip board not being included.
(03-10-2020, 01:08 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the Emily shot, and the lab coat on Rallee.  Pity about the clip board not being included.

A bit of online research indicates a clipboard is not included with the lab coat set. It seems deceptive to include a clipboard in the illustration. Oh well, the price of the Barbie lab coat (Barbie Careers Fashion Pack: Doctor) was under $5 USD at Walmart. On Amazon the same set costs $14.00. On eBay the set costs $13.00.
Cool! Will Dr Radmore join the other doctors?
It will be interesting to see what Doctor Radmore gets up to

(Yeah. Barbie fashions are annoyingly priced. What is even more annoying is that they do fit a variety of 1/6 scale figure or doll so they're often the best bet to go for.)
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POST?!?

Aww, man! I think I did the "previewed but didn't post" thing again!

Duhhhh....!

Okay, I'll try it again, I guess....
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Cool! Will Dr Radmore join the other doctors?

Doctor Radmore has a cameo appearance scheduled in an upcoming photo-story sequence.

(03-10-2020, 11:13 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ](Barbie fashions are annoyingly priced. What is even more annoying is that they do fit a variety of 1/6 scale figure or doll so they're often the best bet to go for.)

For three dollars more I could have purchased a doctor's lab coat with a Barbie doll, that also included a black rather than a pink stethoscope. I almost went with the doll, which was actually a veterinarian rather than a people doctor set, until I noticed that the lab coat in the doll set was shorter, waist-length rather than knee-length. A proper doctor's coat must be long, so I chose the fashion pack over the doll package.

[Image: march10.jpg]
10 March – For Doodle Tuesday, Tærra describes the inaccuracies in this
Symmesian map which identify it as being a forgery of recent origin.

Spoopy (comically spooky) girl Tærra is here portrayed by a pouty, wonk-eyed Kumik action figure doll.