Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That last one is great, he really looks like relaxing after so much hard work.
[Image: april25.jpg]
25 April
This one looks great!

Carly is still smiling, she probably knows she could sneak through if she wanted (at least it looks that way on the pic, but even if the bars are too close to each other, I'm sure she could find the way, she's Carly, after all).

Hang in there!

I wish I could send you a bit of our renewed freedom...
A very spooky photo.
(04-26-2020, 05:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could send you a bit of our renewed freedom...

I know, right? Who would have ex-pected a former Soviet Bloc country that the West handed over to the Nazis during the war would offer more personal freedom than "the land of the free and the home of the brave?"

Czech looks like a hellaciously difficult language to learn. And all those diacritical marks! But maybe it's time to consider moving to Eastern Europe... for the freedom!

(How did you learn English so well? I think I've asked before, but, well, I'm asking again.)
[Image: april26.jpg]
26 April – Addie loads a flat ATV tire in to the back of a pickup truck. Typical rural Utah life... even during a pandemic.
That looks so huge beside her!
Heh... my take on the photo of Carly is that it could have been taken from inside the cell and, with light out there behind her, she's coming to let the photographer out.
Because she's so cheerful and all.
Your girls are so useful.
That is a very big tyre she’s pushing there.
Yay for more Addie! I love her boots!

About my English - first off, it's not as good as it looks. I always have to look up many things and check grammar, so it isn't in fact as smooth as it looks when you read the finished post, I'd have trouble keeping up with real-time conversation. As for how did I learn English, well, some of it I learned at school, a lot of it by trying to ex³pose myself to the language as much as I can. I buy a lot of books in English (though I do prefer to read some things in Czech, translations from other Slavic languages are always going to be better in Czech than in English), watch movies in English, when I need to google something, I use English (unless it's something local), etc.
Those boots look amazing, and it's still somewhat jarring (in a cool way) for me to see a Smart Doll next to a real life object. Like just that comparison and knowledge of the size somehow... It's like you don't quite realise it properly, until you see it? I hope that makes a kind of sense, somewhere.
Mint-in-Box Monday:

[Image: april27a.jpg]
27 April – Monster High "Lab Partners" Set featuring Cleo de Nile and Ghoulia Yelps

[Image: april27b.jpg]
Box Detail: back

[Image: april27c.jpg]
Detail: Ghoulia, in box

[Image: april27d.jpg]
Detail: Cleo, in box

[Image: april27e.jpg]
"Mint in box, huh?"

[Image: april27f.jpg]
"Well, not for long! Watch your fingers, there!"

[Image: april27g.jpg]
"Now to nip these elastic ties!"

[Image: april27h.jpg]
"Yikes! I can't look!"

[Image: april27i.jpg]
"She's alive! ALIVE!"

[Image: april27j.jpg]
"Mint in Box no longer! Now let's have some fun!"
Yay! Out of the box!! That was a fun set of photos. I laughed when Darling and her chainsaw appeared.
Yaaay! Free from the box!
Huzzah! I'm always for setting them free and letting them breath and have some fun!

I was pondering getting this 2pack way back then, I like that Cleo, but Ghoulia's bangs stopped me from getting it in the end. This kind of side swept bangs is annoying to maintain. But it was a hard decision, because they're both gorgeous and have lab coats! ...Darling needs a lab coat, too.

Looking forward to seeing them in the Dungeon!