Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the angle here! She's a really unique Bratz!
[Image: feb2.jpg]
February 2: MGA Novi Stars Alie Lectric
(Wearing Una Verse's outfit)

What on Earth is goin' on with these Super Girls from the Stars?.
She's so colorful! I almost bought one of these dolls on a number of occasions, but the lack of joints at the price they were selling for stopped me each time. However, if I run across one at a thrift store I'd bring it home.
(02-03-2018, 03:15 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]... but the lack of joints at the price they were selling for stopped me each time.

They were definitely overpriced for what they were, particularly compared to the highly articulated Monster High dolls, which were less expensive.
[Image: feb3.jpg]
February 3 – Monster High Isi Dawndancer
Happy Imbolc, the astronomical midquarter point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox, or...
The First Day of Spring!

Yay for halfway to spring! (Alas, longer than that here.) Love the outdoor settings and atmospheric lighting in your pix. I never realized Bratz look like Muppets... or is it just Sasha? LOL
Both very cute dolls and great shots! I really love today's photo!
- love the Bratz girl, very unusual colouring. New Bratz? I didn't know they were still being made.

- ditto CB re Novi Stars. Your girl's skin, eyes & hair colour pallette is so me though .. if I ever see one cheap smile

- happy Imbolc to you & Isi Dawndancer too. That is really a fabulous photo, her colours amid the grey toned background.
(02-04-2018, 10:10 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I never realized Bratz look like Muppets... or is it just Sasha?

I agree, the 2015 - 2016 (they didn't last long) Bratz reboot were made "cuter" but retained the exaggerated features, so yes, they look very cartoonish, and a bit like Muppets.

(02-04-2018, 11:48 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]New Bratz? I didn't know they were still being made.

Well, I refer to the 2015 - 2016 series of reboot Bratz as "New Bratz." I don't know if hardcore Bratz fans have a name for them.

I have seen online rumors that the CEO of MGA Entertainment has announced that Bratz will make a return. I've seen dates of Fall 2018 and Fall 2019, but I've seen nothing concrete. Supposedly the Second Return of Bratz, whatever they decide to call it, will be based more closely on the original, edgy, Girls with a Passion for Fashion rather than trying to appeal to younger kids like the 2015 version.
Love the Isi Dawndancer, she looks right at home.
Isi's pretty awesome! She looks at home with the western landscape.
[Image: feb4.jpg]
February 4: "I think the water is a little bit too cold!"

Not being big football fans, the Pinky Street girls started a tradition back in 2006... yes, 2006... of going surfing on (nearly) every Super Bowl Sunday. Of course, they lived in Hawaii back then, so it was easier. Since they moved to Utah a few years ago, their Super Bowl Sunday surfing excursions have become a bit more challenging.
Hahaha!! I love this! LOL They're so cute.
This photo is so funny and cute!
So adorable! The rocks in the background seem in perfect scale.