Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mint-in-Box March continues:

[Image: march29.jpg]
29 March: Monster High Lab Partners – Ghoulia Yelps and Cleo de Nile
I really like this pairing. Ghoulia - always my fav - is in one of her best "looks" IMO, and Cleo (who I also have never owned <<<< I'm just gonna leave that sentence to it's ugly death x_x ) looks interesting. I like her hair.

Allie - thankyou for the Clawdeen video & the choking hysterics at your summation of her howl LOL
Ghoulia and Frankie are my favorite MH dolls. I missed this version of her some how.

[Image: march30.jpg]
30 March - Mega Bloks Monster High Holiday Advent Calendar

There are still a few of these left on Amazon for $15.00. I have two, but I should probably buy one or two more, otherwise I will never, ever want to open one.
A two-for-one on the lab partners. And really, you should open one of those calendars LOL
(03-31-2018, 01:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]And really, you should open one of those calendars.

Well, it's a Christmas season calendar, so I have a few months to work up the motivation.
LOL
I am so weak against lab sets. I see them and I get them. I got a more recent monster high set but no this one.i like it comes with two dolls as lab partners smile one day I will make a diorama of a lab.
I love Christmas sets in general they so much fun to open. I like the fire crystal thingy on the cofffe table
(04-01-2018, 12:08 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: [ -> ]One day I will make a diorama of a lab.

That was my intent when I purchased the lab partners set, but it hasn't happened yet.
LOL

[Image: march31.jpg]
31 March: Mattel Ever After High Dragon Games Raven Queen, Daughter of the Evil Queen
Oooh, she has a very pretty hair color.
Loving all the mint-in-box dolls, I'm amazed that you had enough to get through the entire month.

I loved the Dragon Games line from EAH, the armor was so cool on the dolls. (I've got Darling, Holly & Mira Shards, I kept meaning to get Raven but she disappeared quickly, and she's way expensive last time I looked).

You've got such an interesting variety of dolls / figures (which I think mention every few posts smile smile )And I enjoy the little bits of history / research you add to the posts too.
Raven Queen is beautiful. I love her & love the dragon games theme but I just didn't like the EAH face sculpt as much as MH when I bought some, so I sold them.

*were I to keep one, it would be Raven
If I was going to get into another whole line of dolls, it might be EAH. I like their faces.
Looks like they could wear Barbie clothes...?
Mint-in-Box Marches Into April:

[Image: april1.jpg]

[Image: april1a.jpg]
1 April - Pinky Street "Range Murata" Series: RMP003 Caine, RMP002 Mayura, RMP001 Nazuna

Range Murata is a Japanese artist who works in the anime/manga style. He has designed characters for a variety of anime series and for video games, and he has published several books of illustrations. In the mid-2000s he collaborated with Vance Project for this series of three Pinky Street figures.

These figures are another recent purchase I couldn't resist because of the current low prices on eBay.
they are very cute smile
Mint-In-Box Marches Into April:

I'M NOT A DOLL! I'M AN ACTION FIGURE: PART III

[Image: april2.jpg]
2 April: HASBRO G.I. Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection – WWII German Panzer Tank Sergeant-Major

This is a Second World War German army tank commander figure from the HASBRO G.I. Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection re-issue series released in 2000, not an original 1960s figure. It is
a recent eBay acquisition, and was part of a lot I purchased. I thought I'd be able to sell this figure fairly quickly, based on a search of past eBay sales, but so far my attempts have been futile.

The uniform and accessories are nicely detailed. I'll probably end up deboxing this guy and trying to sell the uniform and accessories separately.