Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: october1.jpg]
1 October – Bratz "Groovin' Golf" Cloe

Since I'm attempting A Doll A Day anyway, I thought I would combine it with #DollstagramOctoberChallenge2018 on Instagram.

Today's assigned topic was "Autumn Leaves." Bratz Groovin' Golf Cloe thought she would try to get in one more round before the course becomes unplayable.
[Image: october2.jpg]
2 October – Solo in the Spotlight Barbie

Since I'm attempting A Doll A Day anyway, I thought I would combine it with #DollstagramOctoberChallenge2018 on Instagram.

Today's assigned topic was "Black." Solo in the Spotlight Barbie adds a blue note for contrast.
Wow. Anyone would do well to come up with an assigned photo theme and stage and shoot it in a day. Good start. Cloe looks a little blase, as though she's about to roll her eyes at some accompanying duffer. And I'm always impressed by good shots of pale dolls in sunlight... the lighting on this one is terrific.
Is Barbie waiting for Frank to join her?? LOL
Cute shot of Chloe with the clubs.

And I already commented on how I liked the blues feel of barbie in Instagram.
Oh my, I LOVE the Black Barbie Blues!

I love this kind of photos. They're so profoundly... how to put it... YOURS, I could tell it's your photo even if I stumbled upon it in some random place, without any description or other hints, because the way you build and light your sets and arrange dolls is so recognizable and unique.
[Image: october3.jpg]
3 October – Jade Startles Her Friends

This month I am combining A Doll A Day with the #DollstagramOctoberChallenge2018 on Instagram.

Today's assigned topic was "BOO!" Jade made her own scary costume for the occasion.
Lol!! That’s a brilliant scary costumesmile
LOLLOLLOL

So nice to see stars from my favorite show again!
(10-04-2018, 04:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]So nice to see stars from my favorite show again!

Awww... that's so sweet! Now that the girls are back together again... and out of the storage tub... maybe there's hope for a return!
(But it won't be before mid- to late-November, at the earliest. Busy IRL stuff coming up.)
sad

[Image: october4.jpg]
4 October – Dollstagram October Challenge: Skeletons

This month I am combining A Doll A Day with the #DollstagramOctoberChallenge2018 on Instagram.

Today's assigned topic was "Skeletons." This was not the photo I had in mind, but the day spiraled out of control and I ran out of time.
This would be absolutely awesome as a planned and carefully prepared photo, so it's twice as awesome as 'I'm out of time' one!
[Image: october5.jpg]
5 October – Halloween Enchantress Barbie

Today's assigned topic was "Barbie."
I love the lighting! And the Barbie.
Wow, I just could NOT do an assigned photo every day. It's only the 5th and I'm so impressed already. Again with the cool lighting, and I agree, the "out of time" photo looks quite well planned and staged.
[Image: october6.jpg]
6 October

Today's assigned topic was "Pumpkin."

(Those are Smart Doll hands from "Hand Set no. 2.")
That's a rather freaky shot with the disembodied hands.

I'm impressed with the daily themes - much harder to do than random pics every day. Although, if you have the list of themes, you can mentally prepare the shot in advance.

You've got some lovely older-looking Barbies.