Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both this photo and the previous one are very interesting. I've never seen these figures/toys and I like the backgrounds and accessories.
[Image: august27.jpg]
27 August – Monster High Toralei Stripe, Cheerleader Version
Here comes the wicked feline! Do you have the whole 3pack with weretwins? I always liked Ghoulia from Go Monster High Team!!! (the only doll without cheerleading uniform, hehe).
i love her hair! did it come like that? she is looking very cool.
Tore lei looks ready to take on the other team.

I like the were cats - do you have her minions as well?
I’m like, pages behind on commenting but your photos are always so well thought out and composed! Some of my recent favorites include the Waikiki and Taft ones.
(08-29-2018, 10:46 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: [ -> ]... your photos are always so well thought out and composed!

Thank you! That is very kind of you!

(08-29-2018, 05:12 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: [ -> ]i love her hair! did it come like that? she is looking very cool.

Yes, the slicked-down (or glued down) hair is standard on this version of Toralei.

(08-28-2018, 08:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the whole 3pack with weretwins?
(08-29-2018, 07:28 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have her minions as well?

Why yes, and here they are:

[Image: august28.jpg]
28 August – Monster High Fearleading Squad Purrsephone and Meowlody
I don't have any weretwins releases, but I love their hair! Such a fun idea.
They look like they would make a pretty good basketball team.
[Image: august29.jpg]
29 August – Kamen Rider character Electro-Wave Human Tackle miniature figure

Kamen Rider was an early 1970s Japanese television program, similar to the later Power Rangers, featuring masked heroes battling outlandish monsters.
Electro-Wave Human Tackle was one of Kamen Rider's allies.
The series returned in various formats in subsequent decades, and figures based on Kamen Rider characters remain popular today.

To my disappointment, this miniature figure was missing the antennae from the front of the helmet when it arrived from Japan. For five dollars it isn't really worth the hassle dealing with an international eBay return or complaint, so I found a little piece of black wire and fashioned a replacement piece.
Nice job on his antennae! Did he battle all those screws?
Very neat - also, that's an enormous pile of screws there.

I've heard of that show, but wouldn't know if I've seen any of it.
[Image: august30.jpg]
30 August – Another Kamen Rider character Electro-Wave Human Tackle
miniature figure in a different pose... and with the appropriate antennae

[Image: august30a.jpg]
30 August – Bonus Photo – Kamen Rider Electro-Wave Human Tackle
as a Glamorous Spokesmodel for Seiko Wristwatches

So she's a lady! Silly me, couldn't tell... Her outfit is rather bold!
[Image: august31.jpg]
31 August – Mattel Monster High "Scaris, City of Frights" Jinafire Long

Remind me: starting tomorrow, I must and shall start making at least a minimal effort to brush the hair of the dolls I photograph.
Or maybe I'll just take pictures of dolls and figures with molded plastic hair!
yay