Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's interesting to see the peek behind the scenes.
[Image: june29.jpg]
29 June – Oops! Almost forgot! Dolls I have not yet put away after their Daily Photo appearances.
Your dolls sure lead adventurous lives!
Gah! Today I didn't almost forget, today I was actually... yes, for realz... too busy, and didn't get home until late, and... yeah. So, another junk snapshot:

[Image: june30.jpg]
30 June – Box o' dolls... and Action Figures!
I love the Pinkys with their vehicle!
Hope your background-moving project goes smoothly.
Rb_bigO Mass grave...

What a pesky thing, this real life... Keeps getting between us and our dolls!
[Image: july1.jpg]
1 July – The Good, The Bad, and Purrsephone

WOO HOO! We're halfway done, gang! Congratulations to everybody who is sticking with the Doll A Day / Doll A Week project... which, admittedly, isn't everybody....
Cry

Half a year is pretty good, right? This would be an okay place to stop, right?
(07-02-2018, 05:02 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Half a year is pretty good, right? This would be an okay place to stop, right?

Don't. You. DARE!!!!!!!!!

And congrats! Keep up the good work! *pats davidd on shoulder*
(07-02-2018, 08:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Don't. You. DARE!!!!!!!!!

LOL Well... DeadlyNova started the Doll A Day idea here on Dolly Market, and she has dropped out. Miss Edith, BerryByul, and GreysPrincess were all attempting Doll A Week, until they weren't attempting it anymore. So I'd be in good company were I to retire quietly.

But, of course, Neon, you stepped in from another forum to keep things rolling on a daily basis. And Lejays17, Cornflower Blue, and Alliecat/PTFCo are sticking with the weekly updates.

Oh well, I suppose that after making it halfway, the rest should be easy, right?
slash

[Image: july2.jpg]
2 July – Bratz Bratzillaz Sashabella Paws
No, really, giving up after you poured half a year into it would be such a shame! Dropping out after a month or so would be different, but now, when you've kept it up for this long? No! Even if it's just quick MIB snapshots for the rest of the year, don't drop out. It's going to be worth it!

Sashabella is such a cutie! Although I'm not sure if she's casting a spell or fell hostage to Santa's elves...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

You're helping to keep the rest of us enthused. Do keep on if you can. Unfortunately life intervenes and not everyone is able to keep up a year-long project, especially every day. I hope those people don't feel bad about it, nor should they. It's supposed to be fun, not a chore. And none of us knows what others may be going through to interfere with dolly time.
You've kept going through house guests and other projects, and shown us a great variety of dolls and figures. I look forward to another 6 months of your collection smile

(07-03-2018, 07:03 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Sashabella is such a cutie! Although I'm not sure if she's casting a spell or fell hostage to Santa's elves...
LOL
Yes! Keep it up Davidd, you're half-way done! (and I'm speaking from experience that while we are on the downhill slope towards the end of the year, it doesn't get any easier LOLLOL)

Have a celebration cake - this is my 6-month effort from last years doll-a-day (30 June 2017) with MH candy/sparkly minis (yes, I do have dolls/toys that aren't Pullip Tongue)

[Image: cebd14e33621a68d741c905dda9261f6.jpg]
(07-03-2018, 10:01 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! Keep it up Davidd, you're half-way done!
Have a celebration cake - this is my 6-month effort from last years doll-a-day....

Awww... thank you for the Celebration Cake! I appreciate the encouragement! And I am impressed by the effort you put into your "milestone" photos last year!

Unfortunately, there's little to celebrate in today's photo. Poor Cleo de Nile is looking mummified in her plastic bag. As one of the prettiest MH figures, she truly deserves a full-scale fine portrait treatment, which she will receive at some point. Just... not today. It's one of those days.

[Image: july3.jpg]
3 July – Monster High Cleo de Nile
What a dramatic lighting!
[Image: july4.jpg]
4 July – "I thought you said we were having a tea party!"

There's a backstory here: Independence Duhhh