Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is great smile I am glad I stopped by today smile
It will be interesting to see if they can be successful.
(03-23-2018, 04:29 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2018, 05:01 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]When I think of a pullip video game, I imagine Sunsette as the heroine. All her friends would make it the cutest game ever.

Hahaha, OMG that would be hilarious.
That thing fishy said, "It's the new sailing training: they strand you in a foreign country and you have to live on wild fruit, croissants, cigarette butts and rainwater until you can build a raft out of wreckage and local trees to sail back to the Americas. It's called the Air Canada Swiss Family Robinson course™. "
There's the game. With cameos from her Dolly Market friends.
Dang I wish I could create video games!! XD LOL
I would honestly play that game.
(03-23-2018, 12:25 PM)fishy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2018, 04:29 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2018, 05:01 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]When I think of a pullip video game, I imagine Sunsette as the heroine. All her friends would make it the cutest game ever.

Hahaha, OMG that would be hilarious.
That thing fishy said, "It's the new sailing training: they strand you in a foreign country and you have to live on wild fruit, croissants, cigarette butts and rainwater until you can build a raft out of wreckage and local trees to sail back to the Americas. It's called the Air Canada Swiss Family Robinson course™. "
There's the game. With cameos from her Dolly Market friends.
Dang I wish I could create video games!! XD LOL
I would honestly play that game.

Same.
I had that Elissabat, I bought he for the outfit for my EAH army. I'll have to see if I can dig up one of the old photos I have of Blondie Locks in the outfit
(03-23-2018, 04:36 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I had that Elissabat, I bought her for the outfit for my EAH army. I'll have to see if I can dig up one of the old photos I have of Blondie Locks in the outfit

Ha ha! That's really funny, becauseI have an Elissabat who is dressed up in EAH Dragon Games armor for my MH army!

Mint-in-Box March continues:

[Image: march23.jpg]
23 March: Playing Mantis Captain Action "Dr. Evil as Ming the Merciless" figure

Playing Mantis attempted a reboot of the circa 1966-1968 IDEAL Toy Company Captain Action line around 1999-2000. As you can see, they put a lot of effort into creating the retro comic book style packaging design. The costumes and accessories are also well-designed and of reasonably high quality. Unfortunately, the design of the figures themselves is somewhat lacking. Check out those over-long gorilla arms!

An interesting feature of the Captain Action figures is... or was... that the heads are actually rubber masks that can be removed and swapped out with other figures.

The artwork on the packaging is styled after the original artwork of Alex Raymond from the Flash Gordon comic strip of the 1930s. Ming the Merciless was the arch-nemesis of sci-fi space hero Flash Gordon.

[Image: march24.jpg]
24 March - Bratz 2011 Holiday Jade Doll

The 2011 Holiday Jade figure's outfit is perhaps more widely recognized as being the costume worn by the character Saison Marguerite in the popular stop-motion Barbie doll video satire series, The Most Popular Girls in School.

Most Popular Girls in School wiki
This is certainly an educational thread LOL
I had to google the 'popular girls' videos. I think as far as dysfunctional and foul-mouthed Barbies go, "Sam & Mickey" do it much better.

[Image: march25.jpg]
25 March - Monster High Clawdeen Wolf, Little Dead Riding Wolf Version

[Image: march26.jpg]
26 March: Monster High "Ghouls Alive" Spectra and Frankie

[Image: march26a.jpg]
Bonus photo: Frankie's light-up skeleton action feature

As the clearance sale sticker residue on the boxes illustrates, the "Ghouls Alive" line was not particularly popular when it was originally released toward the end of 2012. The initial release included Spectra, whose arms and legs light up, Clawdeen, who howled at the moon, and Frankie, whose skeleton lights up and becomes visible through her clothing. The outfits on the Ghouls Alive figures closely resemble those on the original First Wave figures.

As though ending up on the discount aisle wasn't a sad enough fate, a friend found these three figures for me at a thrift store / charity shop.
I thought the dolls in this series didn't look normal, as compared to the other releases, and I didn't care for them. I'm guessing I wasn't the only one.

[Image: march27.jpg]
27 March: Bratz Bratzillaz Yasmina Clairvoya
Light up monster high girls look kind of cool when they are “on”. I don’t recall seeing them. I kind of wished I did.
And another gorgeous bratzilla ! Love her hair and lip color .
That Bratzilla is gorgeous! Also, remember when you weren't sure if you were gonna have enough dolls for mint in box march ? LOLTongue
Yeah, I'm also amazed, a whole month of NIB dolls! I just couldn't ever leave them in their boxes.
I like Yasmina's colour combo too.