Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: june8.jpg]
8 June – Mattel Monster High Frankie Stein
Monster High. Going to bed with perfect make-up, getting up with perfect make-up.
(06-10-2018, 05:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Monster High. Going to bed with perfect make-up, getting up with perfect make-up.

Uhm... yes, okay, right, that's the sort of caption I had in mind.

As opposed to the reality, which was: I couldn't find Frankie's stock outfit and I was too lazy to look for it.
LOL

[Image: june9.jpg]
9 June – Mattel Monster High Astra Nova... wearing clothes yay
Astra! And fully clothed! One doesn't really stumble upon Astra often. I didn't want her because of her heavy mag head and limited amount of hair, I also preferred the indigo version to the lilac one and I didn't want to risk ordering her and getting the lilac version, so I didn't get her, eventhough she's alien. I was soooo hoping they would do another release, like New Scaremester version or something, so that I could have non-floating Astra with hair. Le Sigh.
(06-11-2018, 05:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't want her because of her heavy mag head....

Local stores where I bought this one only had the lavender version. But the Floatation Station sets went on clearance, so I grabbed two or three of them. I also like the looks of the dark version, but my understanding is that was the early release, and the majority of the figures were the lighter color.

Her magnet head is pretty cool! It's a powerful magnet, so she actually sticks to things, like refrigerators. In fact, while I was shooting this photo, she fell over and her head stuck to the iron bars in the window. (Yes, I used actual metal for the bars in the window; my sets may look amateurish, but they're "authentic." yay )
(06-11-2018, 07:37 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Her magnet head is pretty cool! It's a powerful magnet, so she actually sticks to things, like refrigerators....
LOL Why does she have a magnet in her head...? Was the marketing idea to stick her to your fridge...?
Actually your sets are pretty cool. And, your pirate gang looks like they're very politely inviting someone to walk the plank! "This way, please..." LOL
(06-11-2018, 10:05 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2018, 07:37 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Her magnet head is pretty cool! It's a powerful magnet, so she actually sticks to things, like refrigerators....
LOL Why does she have a magnet in her head...? Was the marketing idea to stick her to your fridge...?
Actually your sets are pretty cool. And, your pirate gang looks like they're very politely inviting someone to walk the plank! "This way, please..." LOL
LOL Stick her to the fridge, I can just imagine my hubby's expression upon seeing that. I've never seen Astra before in either version. I always knew a fair amount of doll stuff doesn't make it to my neck of the woods, but I had no idea how many Monster High dolls never did. Or if they were here, they got bought out fast.
(06-11-2018, 10:05 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Why does she have a magnet in her head...? Was the marketing idea to stick her to your fridge...?
Actually your sets are pretty cool. And, your pirate gang looks like they're very politely inviting someone to walk the plank! "This way, please..."

The Monster High pirate gang (of whom we have not yet seen the last) are practicing looking swashy and buckling. Rumor has it that a new pirate captain may soon try to take charge, and they want to be ready in case a mutiny is called for.

Miss Magnet Head, aka Astranova (whom I usually mistakenly refer to as Astra Nova), comes with a device called a Floatation Station. The Floatation Station also contains a magnet... indeed, an electro-magnet... and when Astra is placed in the Floatation Station she will float in mid-air in defiance of gravity! Yes, seriously! A doll that integrates magnetic levitation, or mag-lev, technology!

But she also makes a pretty good fridge magnet:

[Image: june10.jpg]
10 June – Monster High Astra "Fridge Magnet" Nova in her natural element
Ha haaaaaa LOLLOLLOL Oh my goodness LOL
[Image: june11.jpg]
11 June – One More Pic of Ol' Magnet Head... Hanging Out on the Wood Stove Chimney
smile smile smile

Love the magnet shots! It's quite a strong magnet to attach to the fridge like that. The Flotation Station was such a cool idea to incorporate the magnetism and music.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
I need a necromancer, because I've just died from laughter.
Bahahaha! I think she might be safer on the fridge than near the wood stove though... wouldn't want her to get melty. That's hilarious, and one could take her travelling all over for funny photos -- she could stick to cars, fences, signs... XD The flotation station is an interesting idea. Do you have one?
(06-12-2018, 06:09 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]It's quite a strong magnet to attach to the fridge like that.

The instruction sheet includes a warning to keep the doll and the Floatation Station away from electronic devices.

(06-13-2018, 09:26 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]The flotation station is an interesting idea. Do you have one?

Yes... somewhere. When... or if... I find it, AstraNova will make a return visit to A Doll A Day.

[Image: june12.jpg]
12 June – Pirate Ghost... or, technically, "Daughter of A Pirate Ghost"
I need that ship's wheel for my Vandala!