Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oooh, it's The Staircase of Awesomeness! I love it!
(08-06-2018, 08:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, it's The Staircase of Awesomeness! I love it!

LOL The Staircase of Awesomeness is looking a little bit like The Staircase of Crummy Cardboard. I think it's in need of some refurbishment. Or else I need more shadows in my photos!
yay
[Image: august6.jpg]
6 August – Maudlynne's Project

Maudlynne has decided that if she doesn't finish this long-delayed project herself, it isn't going to get done.
Good luck, Maudlynne!
She looks a little skeptical...
[Image: august7.jpg]
7 August – Monster High Robecca Steam

Yeah, this is a pretty crummy photo. Robecca came outside to help me repair a garden fence. The wind was blowing, I was in a hurry, I had stuff to do, I'm not feeling great, blah blah blah, excuses excuses excuses. As one of the more interesting Monster High character designs, Robecca definitely warrants a much better photo op. She will get one... eventually. For now, I apologize for what amounts to such a throwaway snapshot that even I am embarrassed to post it.
Oooh, pretty blue hair. I think we all agreed at the beginning of the year that snapshots were allowed!
It's not a crappy photo; she looks like she's been working on that fence and has got a little disheveled & windblown.
Maudlynn's project looks interesting...
(08-08-2018, 01:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She looks like she's been working on that fence and has got a little disheveled & windblown.
Maudlynn's project looks interesting...

I like that interpretation, so let's go with that! Actually, that silly hat blew off so many times that I finally gave up.

Maudlynne has a new outfit coming in the mail! I don't know whether to be excited or embarrassed. I've never purchased doll clothes online before. I'm sinking to new lows.
I think it's fine! You can't make 365 AAA artworks in a single year, now, can you? Plus, for a snapshot, it's really good. She's posed very naturally, you made the most of the lighting you had at hand / sky, and I personally love that you gave her a hat, eventhough she, as a robot, can't technically get sunstroke or sunburn.
Maudlynne looks a bit concerned with whatever it is she's supposed to be doing (I'm intrigued by what your making - you're very creative with reusing cardboard & other "junk" to make sets)

Robeccas looks like she's put in a hard days labour there leaning up against the fence posts
(08-08-2018, 09:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]You can't make 365 AAA artworks in a single year, now, can you?

I can't, but you manage to do so, even when you are feeling under the weather! yay

(08-09-2018, 07:39 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]You're very creative with reusing cardboard & other "junk" to make sets.

I do what I can within my budget. LOL

[Image: august8.jpg]
8 August – Monster High "13 Wishes" Draculaura
(08-09-2018, 10:27 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2018, 09:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]You can't make 365 AAA artworks in a single year, now, can you?

I can't, but you manage to do so, even when you are feeling under the weather! yay

Oh, you jester. Of course I can't (but thank you, you're sweet)! Nobody can, but that's not the point of this challenge anyway! That's what I meant XD

13W Lala's bright make-up is perfect for pop-art style photo!
[Image: august9.jpg]
9 August – Monster High "Skull Shores" Frankie Stein
Aaah, nothing like strolling around the dungeon in your bikini LOL

I love the lighting!
Very nice, atmospheric photo!