Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm, I’m intrigued at the wardrobe malfunction that means it’s from the waist up photo smile

I like the yellow flowers in the background, and the fringe (bangs?) in the widows peak is an interesting look too
I love her bangs! Looking forward to see more of her!
I'M NOT A DOLL! I'M AN ACTION FIGURE: PART... I dunno... I lost count....

[Image: sept4.jpg]
4 September: HASBRO G.I. Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection – Circa 2000
WWII German Panzer Tank Sergeant-Major

This guy appeared earlier in the year, back in Mint-in-Box March, when he was still mint-in-box. I attempted to sell him on eBay, but there was no interest, so I decided to de-box him and try to sell off the parts separately. I never really got around to photographing and listing the loose accessories; but then, a few weeks ago, while doing something completely non-doll related, I suddenly got an idea about how to use him in my photo-story.

It's not a particularly good idea, but any excuse is a good excuse to keep a toy, doll, or action figure around, right?

That... errr... would be the photo-story that I keep intending to get back to, by the way. Anyway, for now it looks like this guy will be a keeper.

Maybe he'll be a camp counselor.

I'm kidding, I'm KIDDING!

It occurred to me while I was typing this caption that: a) I should probably delete that previous attempt at a joke, and b) if this figure was released in 2000, he's actually old enough now, at 18, to really join the army! Although he probably falls short (ha!) of the minimum height requirement.
Love me some dark humor LOL
His face has very nicely molded features for an action figure. He looks like Sterling Archer's arch nemesis, Barry from the animated show Archer.
[Image: sept5.jpg]
5 September – Winx Club Musa, Just Hanging Out in The Dollie Dungeon
This is dark in its own way. She's naked and handcuffed and smiling...
I like the blueish light in the background. It goes well with her hair and eyes.
[Image: sept6.jpg]
6 September – Ooops! Somebody left Musa chained up a bit too long!
LOL She's still smiling though!
That is a disturbing pair of pictures LOL LOL

The blue light is very cool on her hair.
It's certainly spooky. Is that an actual figure, or a sculpture type skeleton?
Poor Musa!
(09-08-2018, 12:05 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]It's certainly spooky. Is that an actual figure, or a sculpture type skeleton?

It is a rubber Halloween skeleton I've had for years. It's not particularly detailed compared to the amazing Halloween decorations that are available now, but with the right lighting there's still a creep factor there!

[Image: sept7.jpg]
7 September – Bratz Genie Magic Fortune Teller

She's kind of like a Magic 8-Ball; ask Katja a yes-or-no question, press gently on the crystal ball, and, as long as her four Double-A batteries are holding a charge, she will reveal your future!
She's lovely. A line of Bratz (they never interested me as a line, so I'm only vaguely familiar with the names