Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-15-2018, 04:58 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, she looks rather triumphant.

The pony, on the other hand, looks less than thrilled...

^ This LOL
LOL Barbie looks like "Whoa, man, that was some weird trip... heeyyyy, I'm freeeee... far out.... --Oh, hi dude." Looks like both of them could do with a perm!
That lil Bratz with her machine gun could be the poster child for some current news issue or other... but we don't do politics here... XD
(07-15-2018, 04:58 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]The pony, on the other hand, looks less than thrilled...

I know! Isn't the skeptical expression of the horse priceless?

[Image: july14.jpg]
14 July – Then Came Darling; or, Have Chainsaw, Will Travel

Motorbike? Check!
Leather jacket? Check!
Chainsaw? Check!
(Root)beer? Check!

Darling Charming is ready to ride with the most dangerous biker gang on the road: The Daredevil Sindy gang!

She'll be joining her Flickr pals
Grizzly Adams (atjoe1972)
Asajj Vespa... errr Ventress (Mayor Paprika),
and
the daring daredevil herself, Sindy (Cooper Sky)
for a wild time of scooters, sodas, and all sorts of shenanigans!

So you might wanna stay off the road if you're in the area.

(Photo inspired by the fun Flickr fotos from the Fab Three mentioned above.)
Thats a great shot of Darling - she looks fantastic in the leather jacket!
She looks badass!
[Image: july15.jpg]
15 July – Mattel Monster High Clawdeen Wolf – Reboot Version from the Shriekwrecked Series

I'm not a fan of the "reboot" Monster High figures with the softened features and the overall lower production quality. After I scavenged Shriekwrecked Clawdeen's pirate outfit, I intended to donate her to the thrift store. I never got around to it, and now, a year later, I must admit that she is kind of cute. While the reboot figures lack the "fierceness" and "freaky fabulousness" (not to mention the not particularly subtle sexiness) of the original Monster High releases, some of them, like Clawdeen, are pretty in their own way. So I guess she'll stay, at least for now. I suppose that means I will have to find some clothes for her.
To me, reboot MH dolls look like younger siblings or cousins of the original characters. I hope your Clawdeen will have something to wear soon.
[Image: july16.jpg]
16 July – Another Dead Doll at the Dump

No, I did not stage this photo. I came upon this unsettling scene, complete with 'blood stains,' while making another "dump run" today.

Unlike Barbie last week, I don't think this one will make it out alive.
(07-17-2018, 07:29 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: july16.jpg]
16 July – Another Dead Doll at the Dump

No, I did not stage this photo. I came upon this unsettling scene, complete with 'blood stains,' while making another "dump run" today.

Unlike Barbie last week, I don't think this one will make it out alive.

That's such a shame, I wonder why they don't donate the toys to charity shops instead of just throwing them away.
Yikes. sad It makes me sad to see dolls thrown away.
Darling looks like business though!
One wonders if Clawdeen has read that book... LOL
Nice horror shot!
Darling looks fierce!
[Image: july17.jpg]
17 July – Pinky Street Tenjho Tenge "Greatest Tag Boxxx Round 01" Aya

Photos of the "Ten Ten" Aya figure posted on Flickr were what first compelled me to begin buying Pinky Street figures.
I can see why. She's awfully cute.
Whatever it is, she's gonna do it!
She looks very determined. Love her long hair!