Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m always amazed/amused at some of the fake MH dolls. So much variety!
Mint-in-Box March continues:

I'M NOT A DOLL! I'M AN ACTION FIGURE!

[Image: march3.jpg]
3 March: HASBRO G.I. Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection

This is a Japanese Army Air Force Officer figure from the HASBRO G.I. Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection re-issue series from 2000 or so, not an original 1960s figure. It is
a recent eBay acquisition. For some reason I thought I needed this figure a few weeks ago. By the time it had arrived the compelling need
had passed. The uniform and accessories are nicely detailed. I'll probably end up deboxing this guy sooner rather than later.
The fake-Laura is fantastic, I love looking at the knock-off figures.
Mint-in-Box March continues:

[Image: march4.jpg]
4 March: Monster High Boo York, Boo York Luna Mothews
(and too many Instagram filters)

She looks too pretty to keep confined in plastic!
Mint-In-Box March continues...

[Image: march5.jpg]
5 March: Pullip Amelia
(03-04-2018, 10:46 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I thought I needed this figure a few weeks ago. By the time it had arrived the compelling need
had passed.
Oh dear. That's kinda why I leave things in my eBay watch list a long time. "Will I still want this as much in a month or two?"
But, think of the adventures he could have in your fabulous surrounding landscape! And surely you must have friends for him?
And Amelia needs adventures too! Take her out of the box...!! Tongue
(03-06-2018, 01:07 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]And Amelia needs adventures too! Take her out of the box...!! Tongue

Coincidentally, Amelia is "officially sold out" as of today. So now I can't de-box her, she has become a valuable rarity.
Cry
Don't you have 2?
(03-06-2018, 03:34 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you have 2?

Yes. One is already de-boxed.
Mint-in-Box March continues...

[Image: march6.jpg]
6 March: Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki: The Return
A 2013 release

Another figure of which I have two, one open and one still in the box.

These things were supposedly a "limited edition," but they turn up on eBay all the time, most of them NRFB (Never Removed From Box). Many Integrity Toys figures increase to stratospheric values once they are discontinued, particularly the Poppy Parker line, but that has not been the case with this 2013 "The Return" version of Spooky Sooki, who usually sells at or below her original retail price.

The first version of Spooky Sooki was released in 2008. She wears a "Wednesday Addams" style "goth girl" outfit. That edition has escalated in value.

My impression is that nobody really wanted this version of Sooki, but they bought her expecting to turn a profit. Because so many of them have been kept mint-in-box, they are still relatively common and the expected secondary market price increase hasn't happened.

I had purchased one of these dolls when they were released in 2013. Later, during one of those times where I needed money more than I needed a doll that didn't really fit in with any of my other figures, I sold her... for a loss, of course. Some time after that, I began to regret having sold her, and finally I purchased a replacement... which somehow became two replacements. And now here she sits, still all boxed up.

I think perhaps I might pop her on to eBay for a week, just to see what happens. If she doesn't sell for a sufficiently tidy sum, well, maybe then I'll post a "de-boxing Sooki" topic here on the forum.
I love that Wednesday Adams version of her! This one probably suffers from not looking Goth enough for collectors. She's looks very pretty to me, though.
Mint-In-Box March continues...

[Image: march7.jpg]
7 March: Mattel Monster High Brand Boo Students Isi Dawndancer

Yes, we have already seen an open-box Isi in my Doll a Day photos. This one gets to remain safely in her packaging for now.
Sooki looks pretty. It's interesting to read about the background of your varied collection. I'm amazed that you have enough MIB dolls to do a whole month! o.O
(03-08-2018, 06:12 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm amazed that you have enough MIB dolls to do a whole month!

I'm hoping I don't! If I do, that will be embarrassing!