Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Poor Moé, I hope she can survive being steeped with the same ease she survives being blasted off...
[Image: july5.jpg]
5 July – Pony Angels Doll at Family Dollar Store
Equestria Girls knock-off, I guess?

No, I did not buy her, although I like the cute character illustration on the carton.
That's a fantastic Equestria Girls knock-off. And nice that they included a pony too smile

The Pinky St group was fun, and I liked that you have done a whole sereis of them over the years.
The box art really is cute! Too bad the doll looks nothing like it...
[Image: july6.jpg]
6 July – Bedtime Reading – Surefire Cure for Insomnia: Trying to Read The Lord of the Rings

Seriously, how do people get through this thing? It's boring, it's still boring, they sing a song, then they stop to take a nap every few paragraphs.
Each time they mention taking a nap or resting, I feel like taking a nap.
Thus, it is taking me, and Clawdeen, months to slog through this book.
I actually love LOTR. Clawdeen and her skullette cushions are adorable!
LOL
Maybe you should start with the movies? Although the story's been a bit Hollywoodized, they are pretty good. I found The Hobbit a lot slower... LOTR is as much about world-building and Tolkien giving you a tour of his world, as the story, I think. I liked it too and have read it twice.
Cute photo; I like the posing and lighting.
ohmmy lord that clawdeen picture!! poor girl, she needs that rest ;__;
[Image: july7.jpg]
7 July – "New Bratz" Sasha in Comic Book Style
I really like the lates incarnation of Bratz. My collection would have been bigger if they were available in Europe...
LOL LOL at the pic of Clawdeen sleeping on the book.
I've got a book that I've got less than 100 pages to go on, and I've been reading it for about 6 years now. It's travelled around Italy, England, New Zealand & finally up to Port Douglas this year, while I've tried to read it. And I don't know what it is about this particular book. I like the author & subject (it's historical fiction), but I just can't with the actual reading of the book.
(07-08-2018, 08:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a book that I've got less than 100 pages to go on, and I've been reading it for about 6 years now.

I managed to get through over a thousand pages of Thomas Pynchon's Against the Day, but somehow set it aside for almost two years with only a hundred or so pages to go. When I finally got around to finishing it, which I eventually did, I found the ending to be rushed and unsatisfying and perhaps a bit stupid. I think I would have been less disappointed if I had not bothered to finish it.

Reading LOTR has been on my "to do" list for practically ever. I'm down to the last half of the last book, so I can't stop now. But like Clawdeen, I keep wanting to set it aside and go to sleep.

And now for today's special horror:

[Image: july8.jpg]
8 July – Dumpster Diver Barbie Meets Her Demise

I tried, I really tried, but I couldn't rescue Dumpster Diver Barbie! Oh My
I spotted her while I was dropping off trash at the refuse transfer site (aka the dump) today. She is pinned beneath the entire weight of one of the huge steel dumpsters. How she ended up under the dumpster I don't know.
Aw, poor girl!
Oh, how sad! Cry Maybe you could rescue her head?
(07-09-2018, 11:13 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, how sad! Cry Maybe you could rescue her head?

Oh! That would have been a good idea!