Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a cool crew!
[Image: june25.jpg]
25 June – Monster High River Styxx Travels a Road Paved with Good Intentions
This one is amazing! And I love AC/DC!
oh wow! love the lighting & backdrop of this one.
Gorgeous!!!
Very nice photo, it looks like a scene from a movie
[Image: june26.jpg]
26 June – Hooray for Bollywood! Bratz House of Witchez Iliana Honesty
She's absolutely beautiful!
She's definitely a beauty!
I've missed a bunch. We're still not home from PUDDLE. I like your pirate crew, and agree about the lighting on the Monster High one -- very cool. And, I bet I can guess who's in the box LOL
[Image: june27.jpg]
27 June – Pinky Street PK005 Kokoro and PK009 Reina with their Bruder Toys Land Rover
I love this photo! Everything seems to be in scale, even the dry grass and little twigs on the ground (with just a little bit of imagination). You have the knack for these things!
[Image: june28.jpg]
28 June – Bratz House of Witchez Victoria helps disassemble the standing sets

I am moving some of my doll photo backgrounds to another shelf in another room. I have been procrastinating on this project for months because I knew it would be kind of a pain. As most of you know, there is a lot of unseen detail behind creating a room box or dollhouse setting. These cardboard backing pieces from various doll packaging had lights taped to them to provide window lighting in one of the room boxes. There were multi-colored lights for "holiday season" scenes and single colored lights for "non-holiday" scenes.
That jeep looks much fancier than mine! It looks like it even has proper tires.

The "magic" behind the scenes does spoil the illusion a bit smile but interesting none-the-less.
Haunted boxes had such a nice artwork. And Back To Magic was such a cool line!