Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It looks very dramatic!
I agree, this is a lovely and very dramatic looking shot!
Beautiful dramatic lighting on this one - suits her down to the ground
[Image: jan15.jpg]
15 January – Pinky-Street PK004a
I know nothing about Pinky Street but red hair & purple eyes = winner <3
(01-16-2018, 11:36 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]I know nothing about Pinky Street but red hair & purple eyes = winner <3

Pinky: St (or Pinky Street) by Vance Project of Japan was a miniature figure line that appeared in 2003 in Japan and ceased production around 2009. A few special issue figures were released up until 2011. The figures stand 10cm (4 inches) tall and feature interchangeable mix-and-match parts. They became extremely popular for a while, particularly in Asia, and especially among young adults. Then, as is so often the case with "fads," the popularity faded rather rapidly.

I found an interesting recent blog post at the Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter web site that provides a fairly accurate summary of Pinky: St:

https://dollyconfessions.wordpress.com/2...-pinky-st/

Pinky Street figures are what initially lured me in to the toy & doll photography hobby.

The now-gone Pinky-Street.com forum was the first online forum in which I became seriously involved.
I was wondering when you were going to post a Pinky!

She's very cute!

I never got into Pinky Street, but I had some very similar dolls as a child called Mandy Mix Up that were some of my favorites.
Hooray for Pinkys! I too was wondering how long before you posted one.
Aw, they're so cute! I don't think I'd ever heard of them till I came across your Flickr photos. I can see how easy it would be to get hooked on creating photo adventures for them.
(01-16-2018, 12:44 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 11:36 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]I know nothing about Pinky Street but red hair & purple eyes = winner <3

Pinky: St (or Pinky Street) by Vance Project of Japan was a miniature figure line that appeared in 2003 in Japan and ceased production around 2009. A few special issue figures were released up until 2011. The figures stand 10cm (4 inches) tall and feature interchangeable mix-and-match parts. They became extremely popular for a while, particularly in Asia, and especially among young adults. Then, as is so often the case with "fads," the popularity faded rather rapidly.

I found an interesting recent blog post at the Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter web site that provides a fairly accurate summary of Pinky: St:

https://dollyconfessions.wordpress.com/2...-pinky-st/

Pinky Street figures are what initially lured me in to the toy & doll photography hobby.

The now-gone Pinky-Street.com forum was the first online forum in which I became seriously involved.

They are so cute <3 That article was interesting.
They seem to me to be the forerunners of nendoroid, cu-poche, cosbaby. I have some of these newer lines and I can see the similarities (anime tv characters, swappable hair, clothes, etc)
(01-16-2018, 05:50 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to me to be the forerunners of nendoroid, cu-poche, cosbaby. I have some of these newer lines and I can see the similarities (anime tv characters, swappable hair, clothes, etc)

Nendroroids are about the same scale as Pinkys. The Nendoroid play sets are an excellent match for Pinky-Street figures.

A Doll A Day: Day 16:

[Image: jan16.jpg]
January 16: The Barbie Look: City Chic Barbie (aka Happy Hipster Barbie)
That's a great photo! The background makes me think she's in a drama or thriller.
She looks great! Is this a background you've constructed or some plumbing for the yurts?
Wow, these settings... cool! smile
beautiful colours in this shot.