Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mint-in-Box Marches into April:

[Image: april14.jpg]
14 April: Monster High Frightfully Tall Ghouls Clawdeen Wolf

The "Frightfully Tall" series was a line of 16-inch tall Monster High figures, including Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Elissabat. They're quite fun because the costumes are almost exact replicas of the "First Wave" costumes, only in 16 inch sizes, and the figure quality is surprisingly good.
I always wished for more, but I don't really think it's going to happen. It would be so great if they made FT Rochelle, or Skelita (17" skeleton!!!), or Lagoona. I only have Frankie, but I've been thinking about Elissabat, because she's gorgeous vampire goth and I love her outfit.
It’s a completely long shot, but if they ever did frightfully tall Operetta I’d be all over her! Oppie’s my favorite by far and even though I’m not really collecting MH I wouldn’t be able to resist a giant phantom girl. grin
I've been looking into the big monster high dolls as well, but I don't know who i'd get >-> they have the ones you mentioned and Gooliope right?
(04-16-2018, 06:07 AM)Berrybyul Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking into the big monster high dolls as well, but I don't know who i'd get >-> they have the ones you mentioned and Gooliope right?

Yes, there is also Gooliope, who is the same size.

[Image: april15.jpg]
15 April: Monster High Frightfully Tall Ghouls Draculaura

The "Frightfully Tall" series was a line of 16-inch tall Monster High figures, including Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Elissabat. They're quite fun because the costumes are almost exact replicas of the "First Wave" costumes, only in 16 inch sizes, and the figure quality is surprisingly good.
Drac looks good tall. I have been keeping an eye out for a Frankie at a good price. Rarely seen, it seems.

I wish they had made my all time favourite Ghoulia & my very close second favourite Spectra. I think a very tall ghoul & ghost combo would add heaps to the atmosphere around here grin
No! I don't need giant Draculaura! ...Oh. Did I say it out loud?

[Image: april16.jpg]
16 April: Monster High Frightfully Tall Ghouls Frankie Stein

The "Frightfully Tall" series was a line of 17-inch tall Monster High figures, including Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Elissabat. They're quite fun because the costumes are almost exact replicas of the "First Wave" costumes.
I'm lucky I never saw this one since she's my favorite of the original line, next to any Ghoulia. I saw the even larger series Skelita at Walmart once. Way too big for me.
I like the larger MH dolls, that they used the original (almost) outfit for them. I did think that Elissabat was an interesting 4th choice after the 3 main ones, but another board i frequent made the point that she's basically a purple Draculaura, so they didn't need to make a new mould for her.
(04-17-2018, 11:33 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm lucky I never saw this one since she's my favorite of the original line, next to any Ghoulia. I saw the even larger series Skelita at Walmart once. Way too big for me.

I don't have any of the "Best Freaky Friend" 28-inch figures. As you say, they were perhaps a bit too big, although they were certainly interesting.
Aw, look how cramped all those big girls are in their boxes. Take them oooooouuuuttt.... LOL
[Image: april17.jpg]
17 April – Pinky Street PK023 "Camera Girl"
Fredonia, Arizona USA

Is Mint-in-Box March finally over?
Well... mostly. Except for a few I know I have but couldn't find, and a few that are too difficult to get to right now.
Sweatdrop
FT Frankie is my favorite big ghoul! Just a little note on the 28" ones - their knees don't have joints, eventhough they look like they have. You'd be stuck with forever stretched legs.

Light on the Camera Girl photo is beautiful! So warm Happy
On the hunt for a 17" MH tonight ....thanks David Sweatdrop