Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: april21.jpg]
21 April – Bratzillaz Sashabella has a difficult time blending in to a crowd
Glow rave with G.I. Joes!

I love the color contrast and how warm colors in front and cool tones in back together with depth of field create illusion of great distance between figures (oh my gosh, I can talk about these things in Czech, but trying to express them in English makes me feel really retarded).

Awesome photo Heart
Sashabella is a glowing rose between thorns LOL Fabulous photo smile
I thought she looked like a big star with her security detail LOL
No worries, neon -- it made sense!
(04-23-2018, 03:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Glow rave with G.I. Joes!

That is a great idea for a future photo!

(04-23-2018, 09:53 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]Sashabella is a glowing rose between thorns.

She certainly thinks so!

(04-23-2018, 11:46 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I thought she looked like a big star with her security detail.

That's another great idea for a future photo!
Actually, Sashabella is a big star... or, a big star in a small photo story. I've posted the story on Instagram, Figurvore, and Flickr, but not here.
Are photo-stories a "thing" here on Dolly Market? How about non-Pullip photo stories?

In response to your kind, clever, and thoughtful comments,
Sashabella says that she officially loves you guys!!!
Heart 2Heart 2Heart 2

[Image: april22.jpg]
22 April – Where most of the "Mint-in-Box-March" dolls dwell
^ Wow. o.O
Dude, you gotta get a display area!

(04-23-2018, 12:44 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Are photo-stories a "thing" here on Dolly Market?
YES! Get thee over to the PicFics section!
http://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdispl...?fid=28263
(04-23-2018, 12:51 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, you gotta get a display area!

IKR? Eventually this area will be a display area; or at least, that's the plan. Or a plan....
Sweatdrop

(04-23-2018, 12:51 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2018, 12:44 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Are photo-stories a "thing" here on Dolly Market?
YES! Get thee over to the PicFics section!

But they are all Pullip pic-fics. I didn't know if non-Pullip stories were allowed.
yay

(Remember, I used to find this forum a bit intimidating. I didn't want to break any rules. Sweatdrop )
She looks like she's nervous to me. The colors are unexpected and delightful.
(04-23-2018, 01:05 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]But they are all Pullip pic-fics. I didn't know if non-Pullip stories were allowed.
yay
(Remember, I used to find this forum a bit intimidating. I didn't want to break any rules. Sweatdrop )
Haha. We don't bite grin Since it's not specifically under "Pullip" but a category of its own, one could argue that you could put other dolls here. I don't know about the "rules" (they're more like guidelines??) but I bet others besides me would like to see some of your gang's adventures. I'd say go for it. If you want official clearance you could message a mod and ask if it's OK smile
(04-23-2018, 01:45 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]*snip*
I don't know about the "rules" (they're more like guidelines??) but I bet others besides me would like to see some of your gang's adventures. I'd say go for it. If you want official clearance you could message a mod and ask if it's OK smile

Seconding this!

That's a lot of boxes! I'm physically unable to keep dolls in boxes xd I need to free my beauties from their little prisons and touch them and play with them.
[Image: april23.jpg]
23 April – Another GI Joe arrived via eBay. That should do it for GI Joe purchases... for a while, at least

[Image: april24.jpg]
24 April – Thrift store "Roswell" space aliens

We still have houseguests. I am still assisting the houseguests with a major construction project:

[Image: major_construction_project.jpg]
Major Construction Project – A lotta work for a couple of tipis

This evening, an hour ago, house guests decided to extend their stay by three days, so it will now be even longer before I can get back to regular posting.

But I am managing to snap a dolly photo each day, even if they're quick, crummy snapshots. I'm just having trouble finding computer time to post them.

(04-23-2018, 01:45 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]... I bet others besides me would like to see some of your gang's adventures. I'd say go for it.

Okay, here we go: TALES from the DOLLIE DUNGEON
yay
I never knew there were things like Roswell aliens figures! Good luck with Major Construction Project!
Those Roswell aliens are my new favorite thing and I think I need one for my Isul named Roswell to hang out with!
I've never seen those Roswell aliens before and I think I may need one or three.
Wowww, your view! What's the plan for the tipis?
Haha, the aliens! It sounds like they need to have some kind of adventure with the G.I. Joes wink

(04-23-2018, 04:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm physically unable to keep dolls in boxes ... I need to free my beauties from their little prisons and touch them and play with them.
Same here. Most of my dolls have been second hand but I remember sitting on the floor with a new J-Doll after I unwrapped the package, looking at her in her box and thinking, "Well, if you don't debox your dolls, this is it; the fun is already over." LOL But then, I am not buying with thoughts of re-selling at a profit.