Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-25-2018, 07:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I love Genie Magic line! Do you have more?

I did at one time. I kept the outfits and accessories and sold the dolls. I now regret having done that, of course.
sad

[Image: may25.jpg]
25 May – Solar-Powered Dancing Hula Doll
Heh. I admit to having looked at these on eBay in a moment of nostalgia. I came back from Hawaii with a maneki-neko too smile
Wow, 300 pages on making doll shoes!!!! That is one serious shoemaker!
Her face is a bit scary...
I think I enjoy looking at a few of your pics at once davidd, the variety delights me smile The shoes are a very striking pic (I'm not SMRT like all the others with their big biggest best words wink Tongue ) The Genie photo is wonderful (I love my genie) & the Hula doll is .. umm .. a hula doll :O
I'm Not A Doll, I'm An Action Figure!

[Image: may26.jpg]
26 May – Traveling Action Man Explores Fossilized Mud Flats

Fossilized mud flats from over 200-million years ago.

This is so weird that there's even an article in Scientific American about how weird it is:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ros...fossilize/
Handsome photo!
Woo, that is weird! Makes a great photo backdrop though!
"I'm not a doll, I'm an... ugghhh!
[Image: may27.jpg]
27 May – "Oopsie! I didn't know it was loaded!"
Oh no!!! Oh My I hope he's OK. I like him. His face looks like he has a sensitive side, unlike some of those angry-lookin' action figures LOL
Fossilized ripples are cool. I never considered them particularly "weird" though... just part of the geological process. The raindrop photo is neat.
Oopsie indeed! Is that Melissa's stock outfit on a Barbie?
(05-28-2018, 01:02 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Oopsie indeed! Is that Melissa's stock outfit on a Barbie?

Good eye! Yes it is! (However, the uniform would not fit any of the Barbie bodies I have, so Barbie's head is on a Pullip body! yay )

(05-28-2018, 10:34 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no!!! I hope he's OK. I like him.

Ha ha! LOL No worries, he's fine! The wind blew him over, actually, and the moment was caught on camera!
Now, that's what I call killer style!

I was wondering how did you make him fall over at the right moment... Sometimes accidental mishaps make for the best photos LOL
[Image: may28.jpg]
28 May – Integrity Toys Spooky Sooki: The Return
I love Dynamite Girls. I wanted to collect them for a while, but then Pullips took over my plans and made themselves my #1 dolls.
Love the accidental shot of the GI Joe falling over, sometimes mistakes like that make the best photos

You have such a varied collection of dolls / toys. I haven't heard of half of the lines, and it's a fascinating history to wander throygh