Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: feb27.jpg]
February 27: Bratz Bratzillaz Meygana Broomstix

The past few days have been super interesting! I love those little keyring figures, especially the second one! Super cute! And I used to have some worry dolls, but I have no clue what happened to them. They looked a lot different from yours!
Not exactly a doll? Ehhh, close enough. Her pigtails move, so that counts as articulation, right?

[Image: feb28.jpg]
February 28: Sailor Moon Alarm Clock

I'm pretty sure this is a knock-off rather than an officially licensed item. I bought it for a few dollars at a swap meet, like, forever ago. It was my primary alarm clock for quite a few years. The alarm sound is the Sailor Moon theme song, punctuated with occasional shrill cries of "Wake Up!"

Unfortunately, the clock no longer runs accurately. Nevertheless, it still sits on my nightstand... hence the layer of dust.

HEY, GUYS! We've (almost) all made it through two full months of A Doll A Day and A Doll A Week! YAY, us!
Omg this is so cool!!! I love it!
Haha, that's hilarious! I wonder if an alarm clock that yelled "wake up" at me would get me out of bed any easier. Again, I like the lighting in your Bratzillaz photo. I missed the other keyring figure: cute!
[Image: march1.jpg]
1 March: Bratz Sportz Groovin' Golf Cloe

Cloe here is my latest dolly acquisition, inspired by a character in a long-running photo story I've been catching up with on Flickr. She kicks off Mint-in-Box March, during which I intend to post photos of figures which I have not yet unboxed.
I am hoping that I will not find enough boxed figures to get through 31 days.
Sweatdrop
Nice idea for a themed month (I shall keep fingers crossed you don't find enough as well smile )

I recognise the top as one of a random selection of clothes I have for my EAH dolls - it's very cute
I love the theme mint in the box March smile I need to celebrate it smileshe is gorgeous and where was she when I was looking for golf props smile
(03-02-2018, 09:41 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: [ -> ]... and where was she when I was looking for golf props.

She was hiding in plain sight on eBay!
LOL

Yes, her golf bag and clubs are surprisingly detailed!

(These figures are common on eBay, but prices vary widely, from pretty cheap to you've-got-to-be-kidding-me.)
Bratzillaz Meygana is gorgeous! Love the red hair. The Sailor Moon clock looks pretty crazy. I'm not sure I'd want to wake up to that face.

For Mint-in-Box March, you should be deboxing them before taking the photo. Debox! Debox! Debox!
(03-02-2018, 11:19 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]For Mint-in-Box March, you should be deboxing them before taking the photo. Debox! Debox! Debox!

We have to wait for "Deboxing December" to do that.
Tongue
I guess we missed "Freed February." LOL
[Image: march2.jpg]
March 2: Oh! My God! Dark Queen
High Quality... Fashion Doll... Lovely Girl
–––––
Collect Our Beauty – This Is Our Style
My Style
My Travel
My World
My Travel
My Magic World
Wonderful
Choose Your Fine Friends And Fashions

During the peak popularity of Monster High dolls, knock-offs, counterfeits, and bootlegs were common.
Among all the fakes, the OMG! DARK QUEEN series offered the best doll packaging evaaaaar!!!!
Fakeulaura even includes plastic vampire teeth!
Golf Bratz, haha, cute! I'm not very good at reading odd fonts sideways on a small laptop screen, I guess, because the first thing I saw was "Dork Queen" XD She looks cute too.
I could never stand to leave them in their boxes.
(03-03-2018, 10:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]... because the first thing I saw was "Dork Queen"....
I could never stand to leave them in their boxes.

"Dork Queen" certainly applies.

In this case, the box is more interesting than the doll.
(The sad thing is, if I wanted a doll of similarly poor quality, I could now purchase one of the new "budget line" Mattel Monster High dolls.)