Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jade is the best! LOL
(11-01-2018, 12:18 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on a whole month of themed photos -- wow, I'm impressed!

Heh! Thanks! Yeah, I'm impressed, myself! A daily random snapshot is one thing, but coming up with a photo to fit an assigned theme adds a level of effort for which I wasn't quite prepared... hence the "post-apocalyptic" pic of two guys staring at a baby on a bucket yesterday. LOL

(11-01-2018, 08:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Jade is the best! LOL

I felt compelled to feature Jade's elaborate ghost costume in at least one more photo! yay

Let November begin:

[Image: november1.jpg]
1 November – A Proper Unboxing for Smart Doll Symphony

Now that the October Challenge is finished and there is a temporary lull in my other activities, I hope to have time for some Smart Doll photos, including a proper unboxing of my first Smart Doll, Symphony. I shall post additional unboxing photos in another topic.
Yay! Can't wait for more photos of your Smart Dolls!
I was happy to be finished with the Instagram October Challenge and was looking forward to getting back to random doll photos. But then... yeah. I got suckered in to participating in a November daily photo challenge.

I already posted my first November A Doll A Day photo yesterday, but here's a bonus pic for the challenge theme, plus today's photo:

[Image: november1a.jpg]
"I don't know why I keep trying! This never works for me!"
1 November – DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018: Selfie!

[Image: november2.jpg]
2 November – DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018: Pets or Animals
They're both great! I love that camera prop!

[Image: november3.jpg]
3 November – DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018: Books
That's a cute bookshelf! How big are these?
Oh wow, another month of trying to keep up with daily themes! Amazing -- I couldn't do this. Well, if I had unlimited time... LOL
They're all cute photos!
Looking forward to seeing what this month brings.
You're very brave starting up another themed month smile smile

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this month.

The Lala Selfie is cute! I could just see her trying to take her photo and failing every time smile
I can see why you would participate. It gives you the prompt for each photo, so if you're doing a doll a day anyways, why not?

Are those figures with the bookcase little Licca figures? I recall they had something similar.
(11-04-2018, 02:36 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, another month of trying to keep up with daily themes! Amazing -- I couldn't do this. Well, if I had unlimited time...

It's mostly a matter of lowering your standards. yay

(11-04-2018, 05:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]You're very brave starting up another themed month.

Brave is one word for it. I can think of some other terms that might be equally applicable. LOL

(11-04-2018, 08:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]That's a cute bookshelf! How big are these?

(11-05-2018, 01:20 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Are those figures with the bookcase little Licca figures?

The little figures are tiny, less than two inches (5 cm) tall. They were attached to key rings. I found them in a discount-type store quite a number of years ago, and purchased several of them in different poses. I've never seen them since. The tiny bookcase is from a figure kit from an obscure line called Cat Girls in Schrödinger's House.

[Image: november4.jpg]
4 November – DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018: Favourite Shoes

This month I am combining A Doll A Day with the #DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018 on Instagram.

Today's assigned topic: "Favourite Shoes"

Not only are these custom hand-made doll shoes my favorite doll shoes, they are actually one of my most prized possessions, a generous gift from my friend Tarja, who lives in Finland.

The ankle and toe straps were made from individual tiny threads using a time-consuming technique called card weaving.

Yes, Tarja is the Tarja behind the Fashion Doll Shoes blog.

And the Tarja who is the author of the popular Amazon eBook, Techniques for Making Doll Shoes. In fact, this pair of miniature shoes, made specifically to fit a Monster High Clawdeen Wolf doll, is pictured in the book.
They are fabulous!!!!!

[Image: november5.jpg]
5 November – DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018: Reflection
She's so cute! I don't know if I'd be able to manage to take photo of doll's reflection without my reflection...
Looks like she's contemplating what adventures she may have in her new home.
Those are fabulous shoes! I was going to ask if they were available to fit Pullips, but then I scrolled down... Can't imagine weaving tiny threads on that scale. Just lovely craftsmanship.