Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: jan19.jpg]
January 19: Ashton-Drake Emily the Strange
oh stunning ! Doll & pic.

I searched for an Emily doll when I got my Maudlynne Macabre (she needs a friend) but as far as I could see they are not around any more.

Such an effective shot with the shadow & the B&W of Emily's face, hair & cat
I love her! Great shot!
(01-20-2018, 10:28 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]... but as far as I could see they are not around any more.

I only learned an Emily the Strange doll existed last year, and I began scouring eBay. Of course I had just missed out on a couple that sold for reasonable prices. Finally a complete, open-box example showed up... for more than I really wanted to pay... but here she is. At least she included her cat, which was a mail-away item and is not always found with the dolls.

She's only a 12-inch figure, so she's a little on the petite side to be a perfect match with Maudlynne.
[Image: jan20.jpg]
January 20: Pullip Amelia, Crash Landing Behind Enemy Lines
Your little purple girl looks great in that setting. The pic of Amelia makes me want to see a further photostory smile
Amelia looks to be on quite the adventure! I love it!
Emily the Strange looks amazing.

And I'm a bit concerned about Amelia - I hope she makes her way home safe!
[Image: jan21.jpg]
January 21: Darling Charming Goes Medieval Modern. "Sharknado? Bring it on!"
Ha! So where does one get a doll-sized chain saw? And have you ever used it for more nefarious-looking poses?
Ooh, that’s a great picture!! I also would like to know where you got the chainsaw.
(01-22-2018, 09:05 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]So where does one get a doll-sized chain saw? And have you ever used it for more nefarious-looking poses?
(01-22-2018, 09:11 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: [ -> ]I also would like to know where you got the chainsaw.

I searched eBay for 1:6 scale chainsaw. Look through all the listings carefully. Some sellers ask twice or three times as much for the same item. I think this one cost ten or twelve dollars including shipping from China when I bought it a couple of years ago.

Here's a link to a current listing. I see there are other saws available that are more realistic.

As for "nefarious purposes," I wouldn't want to spoil any plot surprises. LOL
I love her name matched with that photo LOL
Oh, she's pretty. Even with her chainsaw XD
If I was going to start collecting another line of dolls, these would be tempting.
She's very pretty, chainsaw and all. I really need to get one of those for the Grells to play with.