Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another interesting set with neat lighting smile
Meh... I didn't have the opportunity to get to the computer yesterday afternoon or evening. That's a tedious story I won't get in to.
But I did snap a quick photo yesterday before heading out for what turned in to a long slog of a day:

[Image: august10.jpg]
10 August – Mysterious Monster High

Today's pic:

[Image: august11.jpg]
11 August – Monster High Venus McFlytrap, "Ghoul Spirit" version
Glad you got out of it alive. I love yesterday's snap! And I didn't notice Ghoul Spirit Venus has ragged sleeves, that's awesome!
The pic of Venus with the light/lamp behind her is very interesting, I like the colours of that one.
Ditto! That's an interesting effect.
[Image: august12.jpg]
12 August – Monster High "Music Festival" Abby Bominable
Summer of Love!
The perfect background for her and I like the special effects.
(08-13-2018, 07:42 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Summer of Love!

(08-14-2018, 12:18 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]The perfect background for her and I like the special effects.

Abby was the only "Music Festival" Monster High figure I purchased. I could not resist her 1960s "hippie chick chic" look.

And here is the only "Ghouls Rule" figure in my collection. (At least, I think it's the only one!). I could not resist those amazing lace bat wings!

[Image: august13.jpg]
13 August – Monster High "Ghouls Rule" Draculaura
The music festival is one of my favourite Abbeys, is so not what yoi associate with her
GR Lala's wings are one of my favorite MH accessories!
I'm getting some weird error when I try to reply, so I'll try again: GR Lala's wings are one of my favorite MH accessories!
The comic-book effects are interesting... are they filters, or...? Also curious about your lighting; you have some cool effects.
(08-15-2018, 05:44 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting some weird error when I try to reply....

I get weird errors on this site fairly frequently. I don't know if it's my "iffy" internet connection or an issue with the site hosting. I suspect it's my internet connection.

(08-15-2018, 11:12 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]The comic-book effects are interesting... are they filters, or...? Also curious about your lighting; you have some cool effects.

The comic book "dot" effects are from an app called Halftone that I have on my iPad. The "lines" effect in the Abby photo is from an app called Etchings.

The lighting is totally 'ghetto' grade. I've been lazy lately, so I'm pretty much using a couple of flashlights with Kleenex tissues draped over them as diffusers. If the scenes are brighter, it's from a combination of an overhead fluorescent "shop light" type fixture and sometimes an open door to let in outside light.

Today's sub-ghetto grade lighting is courtesy of the single overhead fluorescent shop light:

[Image: august14.jpg]
14 August – Lala and Neo Noir feel disappointed after not completing their
entry for the Round 53: Favorite Fictional Scene monthly photo challenge

Yay! A Pullip photo! I think you can still do that 'scene' and post it here, we would love to see it!