Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve been educated about Dandy & Macaroni too today Davidd! It’s always so educational reading everyone’s posts.

Wendy is very pretty.

I love the dialog with Clawd & Electrfied Moana(?) about fashions coming around again LOL
Thanks, all! I saw the meaning of that one and was like okay, I can use this. The macaroni fashion is very overblown, but it was the coolest thing of the time, and what people loved. And then the dandy fashion over took that and history changes. Interesting, really.

- - -

349. Y is for Yawn

[Image: 78754100_9818ca9eb269d1643995202d915bcb50_standard.jpg]

Basil tends to yawn a lot when he's supposed to be practising. He loves practising, don't get him wrong, but he just feels like he's not improving as much as he would like. He is getting a lot better though!
Aw! That dejected pose... I want to pat him on the head and tell him it's OK!
This is so relatable! And adorable!
I can relate to the slow progress, Basil. That's why, whenever I try something new, I give up after less than a week, and then feel depressed about it for the rest of my life.
Basil is a leftie!!! (the first rule of being a leftie is that you always spot fellow lefties Tongue )
Hang in there, little guy! Sometimes it feels like you are too slow or just not improving at all, but baby steps are steps too, and it will eventually get better LOL when in doubt, ask a friend - maybe if you aren't just practicing, but also showing off to someone, it won't be so boring and yawny after all?

(should Basil not be a leftie, then the reason why he isn't progressing as fast as he thinks he should is that he's holding the instrument the wrong way. Based on personal ex-perience, that feels odd and totally unnatural, and I can imagine how it could cause struggles and delay in learning)
Come on, Basil, "Do, or do not... there is no try" xp
Maybe he needs some pals to jam with. That's a great incentive to practise.
That’s a pretty good relaxed practicing pose, though.
Thank you, all! Basil is a leftie, since I'm a leftie. He is a little down about not progressing as well as he had thought, but he's insisting on keeping forward with it. And yes, he was surprisingly comfortable there. Basil is weirdly one of my easier dolls to pose. I am pondering getting another of the little ResinSoul pups, but it's a back-burner thing. My resin wish-list has an order to it.

- - -

350. Z is for Zazzy

[Image: 78802733_8e3905c2b6228d2a8a9589d8e355a5c6_standard.jpg]

1960s slang for something flashy or colorful

"Why, Hatter, your jeans are perfectly... zazzy!"
"Well, of course. More importantly..."
"Yes?"
"Have you seen my hat?"
I love this!!! I love all your Wonderland's Adventures in the Room!

And congrats on completing another, and I assume the final (for this year), round of alphabet!
Those stripey socks are also quite zazzy!
Thanks all! Yes, that was the last round of A to Z of the year. At the moment? Due to various things in my life, I am leaning towards not doing daily pics next year. I'll still post stuff, but... yeah.

- - -

351. Sewing: Alice's Socks

[Image: 78849947_3d5eb26bdb4ee28b7a56821c53de0211_standard.jpg]

Well, the Disney Store Classic Doll Alice came without tights or socks when Alice really needs them, so I quickly sewed up a very simple set. I'm hoping to get fabric with a little more stretch to it to make a better pair for her, but these ones are good for now.
The socks look fine from where I sit wink

She's such a cutie!

I hope real life gets its act together soon! As for dolly photos, I - and I believe I can say we - support whatever you decide to do. This is a hobby, it shouldn't wear one out.
The socks look quite good in the photo, and I agree, socks or stockings are completely necessary for an accurate Alice look.

I hope "things in your life" means keeping busy and not unpleasant things.
Ah, I spotted that right then! And I'm sending you a left-handed high five! LOL

Alice's socks look totally good based on the picture - and they improve the look a lot. Though if you ask me, high socks or stockings always improve any look. I just don't like flashing legs myself, so I run around in tights all-year round. I don't see why or how Disney didn't give her a pair by default, that's some badly-done Alice research there...