Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-08-2020, 11:23 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Aaah, two blue-haired beauties! I like the flower print on Marnie's skirt.

Different shades of blue as well, which is always a plus! The dress Marnie is wearing is a relatively recent Mattel offering. It's quite nice, actually. Still prefers the Hello Kitty print dress. 

(02-09-2020, 03:04 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]F is for fabulously fashionable futuristic fembot!

A+ for alliteration, there! 

(02-09-2020, 09:30 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Marnie puts me in mind of Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles.

Oh... Oh! Wait, I do actually realise what you mean there. Oh, that never occured to me. I should re-read those books, actually, it's been a while. I just have the main series, maybe I'll see about finding that short story collection at some point. 

(02-09-2020, 12:16 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the blue shade of Akiko's hair.  Looks like a cute jacket too.

It's a shade that doesn't seem to get used much, which is a shame because it's right nice. The jacket is from the Disney Store Tomorrowland doll they had released to tie in with that movie. I have the doll in her 1950s inspired dress atm, and the jacket worked well for Akiko. 

- - - 

40. G is for Green

[Image: 65803562_42a8037ed0554c4a9be14d64f811ffa4_standard.jpg]

Because, let's be honest, I can never resist showing off the lovely green ladies!
What a fabulous coven!
Oh, what a world! What a world! What a wonderful green world of beautiful wickedness!

This calls for a track from The Sonics (1965):

She's an evil chick
Yeah, she's The Witch!
(02-10-2020, 02:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]What a fabulous coven!

Y'know, weirdly I don't think this lot consider themselves a coven? Just... a random collection of witches that happen to be in the same area. 

(02-10-2020, 02:45 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, what a world! What a world! What a wonderful green world of beautiful wickedness!

This calls for a track from The Sonics (1965):

She's an evil chick
Yeah, she's The Witch!

Well, that'a a tune, alright! 

- - - 

41. H is for Hundred Acre Wood

[Image: 65842390_b736b4ca2e5290c43aa77a4709ddda4a_standard.jpg]

Because we should all make time for some old friends
Oooh, I had an old cassette tape with Winnie the Pooh read by one of my favorite actors (I don't think they were called audiobooks back then, but technically, that's what it was). I loved it!

As for coven, I found that aside from organised groups of witches, it can also be used simply as a collective noun? It might be wrong, though.
What a clever topic for "H" day!
Aw! They look so fuzzy.
Both fun groups. Some of your witches look about to break into song.
I was never a big Pooh fan, but I did like the recent live action film with him and Ewan McGregor.
(02-08-2020, 12:49 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2020, 08:51 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I also preferred EAH, but I did buy some Descendants for their outfits for the Pullips.

How did the outfits fit on Pullips? I had a feeling they might be a little baggy?

Not the best photo for illustration, but here's Evie in Freddie's stock
[Image: 9603cfd65c8811079af5320add7cf12d.jpg]

or here's Izzy in Lonnie's Sig outfit
[Image: ce42a18221149c382713473cf40d3a4e.jpg]

I don't think they're particularly baggy - I can't remember what the stockings are like, I'll try them on the weekend & report back smile
(02-10-2020, 10:49 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2020, 02:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]What a fabulous coven!

Y'know, weirdly I don't think this lot consider themselves a coven? Just... a random collection of witches that happen to be in the same area. 

So, they're like the ones in Discworld, which was definitely not a coven, of which Granny Weatherwax was certainly not the leader smile
Elfy isn't a Pooh fan, but I am - Eeyore is my favourite character! I have a few stuffed versions of him scattered around the house.
(02-11-2020, 02:39 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, I had an old cassette tape with Winnie the Pooh read by one of my favorite actors (I don't think they were called audiobooks back then, but technically, that's what it was). I loved it!

As for coven, I found that aside from organised groups of witches, it can also be used simply as a collective noun? It might be wrong, though.

Awww, that's lovely! 

... I don't know, I'll need to look up on it. 

(02-11-2020, 06:04 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What a clever topic for "H" day!

Thank you! 

(02-11-2020, 07:59 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Aw! They look so fuzzy.

And very cuddly! 

(02-11-2020, 02:11 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Both fun groups.  Some of your witches look about to break into song.

Casta is a singer by profession... Maybe she'll lead them all in a rendition of Defying Gravity

(02-11-2020, 03:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I was never a big Pooh fan, but I did like the recent live action film with him and Ewan McGregor.

These plush are from that film line - I felt like they were the perfect merging of original book illustration and Disney style. 

(02-11-2020, 06:21 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Not the best photo for illustration, but here's Evie in Freddie's stock

[snip pic for reply size]

or here's Izzy in Lonnie's Sig outfit

[snip pic for reply size]

I don't think they're particularly baggy - I can't remember what the stockings are like, I'll try them on the weekend & report back smile

Ahhh - they do look better fitting than I would have originally thought! 

(02-11-2020, 06:26 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]So, they're like the ones in Discworld, which was definitely not a coven, of which Granny Weatherwax was certainly not the leader smile

Well, if I was going to be influenced by anything, it would be Discworld.... and I think you've hit the nail on the head right there. 

(02-11-2020, 06:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Elfy isn't a Pooh fan, but I am - Eeyore is my favourite character!  I have a few stuffed versions of him scattered around the house.

The books are childhood favourites - I was very lovingly gifted with a leatherbound complete collection this past Giftmas. Eeyore is a favourite! (Paddington is still my overall favourite, but I did 'meet' him first.)

- - - 

42. I is for Individual

[Image: 65886510_98d758d8e69e075d75dcd26e0fa1bd4b_standard.jpg]

Finn was forced into being like every other person in his unit. He's enjoying being his own person and finding his own sense of style. It's a work in progress, but we're liking the jacket and shoes best.
The jacket really does look great on him!
What became of Finn in the third movie? He was an interesting character with a lot of potential in the first film. He became a cartoonish non-entity of a supporting character in the second movie. I think I read that Finn and Poe had some conflict over Rey's affections, which, if that is true, sounds totally stupid. And then there was what's her name, Rose? The one that fans, at least online, despised for... no concrete reason that I can identify, who seemed to have a bit of a (not very credible) crush on Finn in the second movie.

Anyway, good luck, Finn! The Empire (or whatever it was called) was a formidable foe, but now you're in The Room! You're gonna have to up your game!