Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mavis is such a cheery little thing!

I've not seen any of the Hotel Transylvania films. I guess there are three of them now? With a fourth said to be in the works? Are they worthwhile?

And did you ever see the animated Addams Family film from last year? I don't remember if you commented upon it.
Cheery is definitely the word for her. And her eyes are such an electric blue!
She’s such a happy looking person!
She looks like such a bundle of sunshine. Wouldn't it be lovely to have that much cheer.
I remember her from the films. For a vampire she’s a heap of fun.
(03-20-2020, 02:43 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Mavis is such a cheery little thing!

I've not seen any of the Hotel Transylvania films. I guess there are three of them now? With a fourth said to be in the works? Are they worthwhile?

And did you ever see the animated Addams Family film from last year? I don't remember if you commented upon it.

I haven't actually seen any of those films, but I did like the design of Mavis, so... I have heard good things about them though so probably worth checking out. 

Oh, I did see the film. It's... alright. Cliche, but alright. The live action stuff is a lot better, in my opinion. But there's potential for more. 

(03-20-2020, 03:42 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Cheery is definitely the word for her. And her eyes are such an electric blue!

I really do love how bright her eyes are. 

(03-20-2020, 07:57 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She’s such a happy looking person!

She is a very cheery person.

(03-20-2020, 11:52 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She looks like such a bundle of sunshine.  Wouldn't it be lovely to have that much cheer.

It would be a very interesting thing. Maybe a bit exhausting.

(03-20-2020, 03:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I remember her from the films. For a vampire she’s a heap of fun.

Female vampires should get to be fun more.

- - - 

80. N is for Neighthan

[Image: 67469572_3fa8d8b50d71f8f0650e5d569baeccb0_standard.jpg]

A zombie-unicorn hybrid, Neighthan is still a being of magic who can sense a lot of things. In the Room? Well, he knows this can cause more trouble than good, so he does his best to keep his head down and out of trouble.
I always liked the character, but never the design. His color scheme just doesn't work for me.

He was my favorite ship for Frankie (poor girl, Mattel always made her have crush on someone new, and part of the fandom came to see her as harlot because of it)!
This has to be one of the "freakiest" looking of the Monster High releases. Zombie unicorn? Obviously Mattel was running out of classic and traditional monsters from film and folklore.

He's definitely a cool release, though. Fun yet creepy, as was the best of Monster High.
I had seen photos of him before but wasn't sure what he was supposed to be. A zombie unicorn is an interesting twist.
(03-21-2020, 01:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I always liked the character, but never the design. His color scheme just doesn't work for me.

He was my favorite ship for Frankie (poor girl, Mattel always made her have crush on someone new, and part of the fandom came to see her as harlot because of it)!

I have seen some repaints that do work on the ex.posed muscle part of the sculpt and it does add a pop of colour needed to it all.

Come to think of it, I don't think I had a preferred ship for Frankie. You're right about the poor girl always been made to crush on someone new - it wasn't fair on her characterisation at all. In the Room, Neighthan is closest to Avea, but it's just friendship between the pair. Unicorns tend to have that whole magical destined other half, or so he claims, so he's not in the mood to date around.

(03-21-2020, 05:36 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]This has to be one of the "freakiest" looking of the Monster High releases. Zombie unicorn? Obviously Mattel was running out of classic and traditional monsters from film and folklore.

He's definitely a cool release, though. Fun yet creepy, as was the best of Monster High.

I mean, let's be honest, it's a cool mash-up. Definitely getting back to some of the more monstrous tellings of the unicorns - you thought someone with a great big spike in it's head was innocent? Nah, laddie. There's a reason the unicorn is the national animal of Scotland! 

I still really love his top and want one adult sized. 

(03-21-2020, 01:16 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I had seen photos of him before but wasn't sure what he was supposed to be.  A zombie unicorn is an interesting twist.

It was a combination I hadn't seen done before, and I don't think I've seen it done since. Zombie-corns are something we should have more of! 

- - - 

81. O is for Olivia

[Image: 67506173_a1a378eebcf9373183ac89f6f4fad4f9_standard.jpg]

Olivia O'Lantern is kind of the middle ground of Fae kind in the room. She's not the oldest, or the youngest, and that tends to mean she pretty much gets left to do as she pleases. She likes all things Halloween, and would very much like it if that holiday were celebrated all year around.
Neighthan’s shirt is very cool, but they colours are very mush-mash. Which I guess is fine for a mish-mash monster too.

There are plenty of people who would like to celebrate Halloween all year around, Olivia is not alone there.
Olivia is quite a nice release from the BeGoths line. Very attractive, cute, even! And ya gotta love that name!

A quick glance on eBay reveals only a version with purple accents to the costume, and a red dress special edition release. I like your "Irish lass" version with the green "foliage" dress and green eyes.
I think she would fit in Oddwickshire very well.
I thought she was an MH release we never got here, but I do like her.
(03-22-2020, 07:19 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Neighthan’s shirt is very cool, but they colours are very mush-mash.  Which I guess is fine for a mish-mash monster too.

There are plenty of people who would like to celebrate Halloween all year around, Olivia is not alone there.

The mish mash does really work for the fusion theme of the line.

Olivia wants to meet these people! 

(03-22-2020, 08:11 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Olivia is quite a nice release from the BeGoths line. Very attractive, cute, even! And ya gotta love that name!

A quick glance on eBay reveals only a version with purple accents to the costume, and a red dress special edition release. I like your "Irish lass" version with the green "foliage" dress and green eyes.

The green release was apparently an exclusive in the US, but seemed to be the standard release here. I'm quite fond of the green myself as it ties in a bit better to Fae mythos in my head. I wouldn't mind picking up some of the variants for some of these dolls though... (I'm always looking up BeGoths)

(03-22-2020, 08:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I think she would fit in Oddwickshire very well.

A few of mine would very much like to visit Oddwickshire.

(03-22-2020, 09:56 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I thought she was an MH release we never got here, but I do like her.

Oh, no, Olivia is a BeGoth doll. Though they do have some similarities with Monster High, so ironically if they hadn't stopped just the year before they probably would have gone on to have a whole new lease. 

- - - 

82. P is for Padme

[Image: 67540820_5ea2d99cd2d9f92e67ddecce91026c18_standard.jpg]

Once elected Queen, now Senator for Naboo, Padme picked herself up a pretty Jedi boy to keep her company. She did not expect that decision to come with a lot of drama. Fortunately, she is capable of dealing with it - she just wishes her kids and grandson didn't get so caught up in it all.