Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, everyone!

- - -

193. Death Note L 2.0 Nendoroid

[Image: 72125759_5c9be25b6eef66d7b0065cb3742147b1_standard.jpg]

Arrival date: 26th May 2020

Because you can't have Light Yagami without his greatest enemy around. The 2.0 version of L seems far grumpier than his original version. Also? I like this new chair. Very cool.
Heart L Heart

He does seem a bit grumpy, though, and also kinda feisty, rather than his usual quirky, laid-back and somewhat emotionally detached self. Still, he's amazing, and that chair is really great. I can't wait to see him and Light in the Room stories!

Off-topic, but I'll be hopefully getting my first Nendo in November. Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun's titular Hanako-kun is getting a Nendo, and I managed to pre-ordered him yay
What an epic ekspression! Perhaps L is growing annoyed as Ademetus runs laps around his chair. Lap after lap after lap. "I'm fast! Look how fast I am! Have you ever seen anyone this fast? I can go even faster! Watch me go even faster!"
I feel like he should be renamed to Grumpy McGrumpypants.
I still don’t know who this character is but I like Elfy’s idea.
I don't recognise the Creatable World boy, but I know everyone else.

what a fun idea for a group shot. Such a variety of dolls & books.
He's a very grumpy bloke - just leave me alone! That's what his ex-spression says to me.
Cute Nenodroid! L looks like he's seriously pissed and had enough. The level of pissed-offness makes me think think is no longer Light-induced only, there must be some Misa in it too Tongue
(07-12-2020, 01:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Heart L Heart

He does seem a bit grumpy, though, and also kinda feisty, rather than his usual quirky, laid-back and somewhat emotionally detached self. Still, he's amazing, and that chair is really great. I can't wait to see him and Light in the Room stories!

Off-topic, but I'll be hopefully getting my first Nendo in November. Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun's titular Hanako-kun is getting a Nendo, and I managed to pre-ordered him yay

I'm guessing it's because I haven't given him any cake...

Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing your Nendo companion!

(07-12-2020, 02:07 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What an epic ekspression! Perhaps L is growing annoyed as Ademetus runs laps around his chair. Lap after lap after lap. "I'm fast! Look how fast I am! Have you ever seen anyone this fast? I can go even faster! Watch me go even faster!"

... And now I absolutely have to take a picture of that

(07-12-2020, 10:17 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like he should be renamed to Grumpy McGrumpypants.

Hm... Maybe. 

(07-12-2020, 11:34 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I still don’t know who this character is but I like Elfy’s idea.

From the anime/manga Death Note, L is meant to be the World's Greatest Detective.

(07-12-2020, 02:29 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]He's a very grumpy bloke - just leave me alone!  That's what his ex-spression says to me.

He does prefer solitude...

(07-12-2020, 07:59 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Cute Nenodroid! L looks like he's seriously pissed and had enough. The level of pissed-offness makes me think think is no longer Light-induced only, there must be some Misa in it too Tongue

I don't have anything for Misa though...

- - - 

194. A is for Abbey

[Image: 72155243_6fe175acec62b16f45fb7d746b320ea4_standard.jpg]

The original ice queen
I love Abbey! Such a cool beauty (duck! Pun!).
(07-12-2020, 09:49 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2020, 02:07 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What an epic ekspression! Perhaps L is growing annoyed as Ademetus runs laps around his chair. Lap after lap after lap. "I'm fast! Look how fast I am! Have you ever seen anyone this fast? I can go even faster! Watch me go even faster!"

... And now I absolutely have to take a picture of that
I was hoping you'd say that!
Original stock first wave Abby Bominable! She's gorgeous, I love her, and... I don't have her!
The first time I saw... or rather heard... Abby in one of the animated movies I laughed so hard! She was so perfect in her Yeti-ness!
Signature Abbey is lovely! Her stock is great, and Abbey as a doll is also great (not only in her Signature incarnation, but the Sig face-up is also neat). She was amon  my favourite characters in the show, I really liked her personality.

I have her, though I didn't originally plan to. IIRC, I came to like Abbey rather early on (which is no surprise with my attraction to both blue and shimmery things Tongue ), but I wasn't sure which version I would like to get (it was still back in the "max. 1 doll of each character" ear of my collection - by hindsight that was a fight destined to be lost yay ). Since I loved much more stocks than dolls, I got into the habit of buying dolls and reselling them sans their stocks - don't do this, kids, it's a slippery slope... I ended up keeping several dolls whom I didn't consider having before I saw them IRL. This is how Scaris Abbey came to me as well. Back then I was under the impression that I like Dead Tired Abbey best, but she was unavailable here (I got her from overseas years later. I don't think I've ever seen her pop up second hand in local sales), so I settled with Scaris Abbey. I did get Sig Abbey too at one point, but she didn't appeal to me. For some reason though, I didn't initially resell her, and at one point I received a lot that contained another Sig Abbey - who, weirdly enough, was visibly different and much more appealing. That's when I realised that one of them (the one I received later) was an original Signature, and the other one (that I had for a while) a re-release. Both of them were still Sigs, so it was technically the same face-up, but it was shocking how much of a difference all the subtle changes made! In addition, Abbey's early versions had a lighter and more shimmery sheen to their skin compared to later releases, which I also liked much more. Original release Sig Abbey quickly became the Abbey for me, and while I do still have Scaris and Dead Tired, I often consider if I should downsize to two (I can never decide which should go though, which is an issue especially because 3 might eventually become 4, as reboot Party Ghouls Abbey is also on my wishlist. While I have nothing against pink, the way they removed it from that version's colour palette, leaving blue and purple only, is incredibly appealing to me).
Thank you all! Running a bit later on my posting today because my net was down for a bit!

- - -

195. B is for Buffy

[Image: 72198088_141232ae7c84b97ebc7bba4011293469_standard.jpg]

The Vampire Slayer herself! This is from one of the Sideshow Collectibles releases... I can't think when. A friend gifted me her at a convention a few years ago because they knew I liked the show and collected dolls and figures. She's very cool
It's always good to have friends who enable your quirky eccentricities interests!  yay

Nice face sculpt, it quite resembles the TV show character.
That's so sweet of your friend!

I don't know Buffy. I only know that Czech dubbing made everyone sound unbearably stupid.