Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Honey! Gotta love that afro!

She only had 3 releases (I have two, the third one was quite a phantom release, never seen her in person and don't know anyone who has her - the Gore-Geous Accessories Honey), and I think that's criminally not enough! She's such a fun concept and design, I wish they did more with her. Like, why wasn't she in Gloom and Bloom? That line would be perfect for her. Or Zombie shake, or Freaky Fusion. Dang it.
Love the colours with Honey, she was a great release.
Nice that her hair is maintaining its perm after all these years!
Honey was always one of the brighter MH characters.
(03-15-2020, 01:37 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, she has such lovely colors!

She really does - it's hard to take a bad photograph of her, I think.

(03-15-2020, 05:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Honey! Gotta love that afro!

She only had 3 releases (I have two, the third one was quite a phantom release, never seen her in person and don't know anyone who has her - the Gore-Geous Accessories Honey), and I think that's criminally not enough! She's such a fun concept and design, I wish they did more with her. Like, why wasn't she in Gloom and Bloom? That line would be perfect for her. Or Zombie shake, or Freaky Fusion. Dang it.

Oh, there's so many MH dolls that deserved another released in one of their lines. I'll never really understand the logic behind who went in which line. 

(03-15-2020, 08:28 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the colours with Honey, she was a great release.

Definitely one of my faves! 

(03-15-2020, 09:27 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Nice that her hair is maintaining its perm after all these years!

It gets a bit flat from storage, but it doesn't take much to carefully fluff it back into shape. 

(03-15-2020, 09:51 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Honey was always one of the brighter MH characters.

She really was. 

- - - 

75. I is for Ivanna

[Image: 67265794_ada7473a602f0669e351a306d2ffd6f3_standard.jpg]

Ivanna Scream. In the dollcanon? She's a huge horror movie fan, and also a supernatural hunter. Dating Faith LeHane.
Ivanna Scream! Cool name! Appropriate logo on her outfit! That black leather jacket with the high collar is wicked!
Rad! Rad, rad, rad! I love her!

Does Munch + punk make Punch?
Looks like teh fone ate my last post. Gracey's photo looks very vintage, & Honey is a pretty green. Ivanna is interesting; another line I'm not familiar with.
Her tshirt is great, and she’s got widows peak hairline. Not many dolls would have that I bet.
(03-16-2020, 02:10 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Ivanna Scream! Cool name! Appropriate logo on her outfit! That black leather jacket with the high collar is wicked!

The line did kick out some really cool names. The jacket still remains one of my favourite pieces of doll clothing ever. 

(03-16-2020, 04:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Rad! Rad, rad, rad! I love her!

Does Munch + punk make Punch?

... I don't know, but she does have a very good punch on her.

(03-16-2020, 04:54 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like teh fone ate my last post.  Gracey's photo looks very vintage, & Honey is a pretty green.  Ivanna is interesting; another line I'm not familiar with.

Rude phone. Honey's shade is just so lovely. and I was trying for that kind of deliberate classic vibe with Gracey using the greyscale. It seemed to fit. Ivanna is from Bleeding Edge Goths (also known as BeGoths) from Varner Concepts which... had the last line in 2009. They were fashion dolls (and 7" figurines) that focused on alternative fashion, mostly from the Goth sub-cultures. It's a shame it folded when it did - just before Monster High released. It would have found a whole new lease of life. 

(03-16-2020, 06:08 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Her tshirt is great, and she’s got  widows peak hairline.  Not many dolls would have that I bet.

... I am thinking on it, and I cannot think of one other doll I have that has a widows peak hairline. I know of some dolls with it - mostly LDDs - but nothing else in my own collection. 

- - - 

76. J is for John

[Image: 67309710_4ec1d0537601b0b1f978aa9cacfab447_standard.jpg]

Constantine, that is. 

Doll-canon has him as the eldest memeber of the Addams Family within the Room, though he is a bit of a distant cousin. Still. he knows the rites and traditions of the family and it often means he has to step in and perform them. A 'petty dabbler' of the dark arts, John is knowledge in the occult and the aracane. He has many vices, such as smoking and drinking, but he's got a bit of a hold on the drinking for now. We're working on the smoking.
Always nice to meet Cousin John!
I'm always intrigued by his disheveled yet stylish appearance.

Intrigued is not the right word. I'm envious that he is able to pull off that look so casually and naturally.
I’m watching the current season of Legends of Tomorrow and John features quite heavily in that, so the pic is topical for me.
(03-17-2020, 03:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I’m watching the current season of Legends of Tomorrow and John features quite heavily in that, so the pic is topical for me.

And it’s a very good representation of that Version of him too.  Although he does now need a packet of sunflower seeds to spit all over the Waverider while he’s trying to give up the cigs.
(03-17-2020, 01:54 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Always nice to meet Cousin John!

Cousin John, ironically the most grounded member of the Addams Family. 

(03-17-2020, 02:32 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm always intrigued by his disheveled yet stylish appearance.

Intrigued is not the right word. I'm envious that he is able to pull off that look so casually and naturally.

Not going to lie? I am too. It's just so effortless. 

(03-17-2020, 03:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I’m watching the current season of Legends of Tomorrow and John features quite heavily in that, so the pic is topical for me.

Ah, I've been loving him in that! 

(03-17-2020, 05:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Although he does now need a packet of sunflower seeds to spit all over the Waverider while he’s trying to give up the cigs.

Hmm, note to self, find 1/6 scale sunflower seeds. 

- - - 

77. K is for Kjertsi

[Image: 67348904_d84990dec7b1d8c4b6e97df7e7af1489_standard.jpg]

Gamer girl extraordinaire! Kjertsi was a very fun release, now I think on it. Especially considering gaming and trolls...